Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want a tire that looks good on a tj and with a good amount of tread and for a good price. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
How much are you looking to spend? What size? and what do you want them for? Offroad? highway? snow? need some more info

·
Administrator
30,781 Posts
I love my Duratracs. They handle just about anything you can throw at them. They are quiet and comfortable on the hard surface and pretty rugged on the trail.
May 2009 021.jpg rail4.jpg

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i want them for snow and just something that will go good on them with a good amount of tread. I like the DuraTracs but they are pretty expensive. The size i have on them right now are 225/75/15. What is the biggest i can fit on my tj though. I heard it will mess up the MPH if you get to big of a size and i dont want that to happen. Has anyone ever experienced that before? Where could i go to get some Cheap Duratracs. Im not really looking to spend 500 on some tires because i have some other things to do with it. 400 is better.

·
Administrator
30,781 Posts
Technically you can go to a 31x10.5 without any problems at all. The speedo difference is about 3.5 miles @ 60mph over stock 30's. A 32 is possible but you may have a little rub on the trail and in tight turns. I've heard of people going as large as 33, but I believe that will require other upgrades as well.

·
Registered
828 Posts
$400 for a set of 4 tires ? good luck finding that.

I just got new tire (31's) at big O tire, they have a sale buy 1 get 2nd 1/2 off.

I got the XT. I like Big O because of price and warranty (free) I had puncture tires on the sidewall while in the desert and they repalce it for free, no question asked..

here is the tire :

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
JDSDREAM will my mph be a little messed up if i got 235/75/15? I have the other rims of yours. Would that matter?

·
Administrator
30,781 Posts
When you decide what size you want, go to this link and follow the directions. It will tell you what the actual speed will be. Your stock rim should be an 8 same as mine. The difference in speed is not enough to warrant a ticket and that is what counts.

Link -> Tire Size Calculator - Compare Tire Sizes ಠ - ಠ

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
$400 for a set of 4 tires ? good luck finding that.

I just got new tire (31's) at big O tire, they have a sale buy 1 get 2nd 1/2 off.

I got the XT. I like Big O because of price and warranty (free) I had puncture tires on the sidewall while in the desert and they repalce it for free, no question asked..

here is the tire :

x2 on this one. I got 5- 31x10.50x15's for $875 (if memory serves) a while back.
31x10.50's will fit nicely on a stock TJ, like mine.
Sure there are cheaper tires out there. But, these are backed by a free 'no questions asked' replacement warranty. Slice it on a rock :eek:, no problem. Shoot it ( :bottom: ), free replacement.
I can say they do very well in mud, and I'll know tomorrow (according to the weatherman) if they do well in snow too.

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
I have the Goodyear Wrangler Authortity "AT" more like an MT. Anyways, its a great tires. Tons of tread, road-noise is just like a normal MT, great in the mud and snow and rain rocks too! And they are cheap, $145 at wally world. Its not a bad tire just because its sold at walmart. Its still a goodyear made in the U.S.

Just had to post that from my phone for the pictures. They work, just gotta click them.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Another vote for the Duratracs, I love mine. You said you wanted them for snow, the duratracs are a severe snow rated tire. Plus if you purchase them with a goodyear credit card you'll receive a $40.00 rebate. Also if you have a tread lightly membership ($25.00), you can recieve a $100.00 rebate.

·
Premium Member
1,729 Posts
1 - 20 of 38 Posts