Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well im puttin a 3 inch lift on and i was gonna get 33's super swampers 33x10.50 with actually height being 32.7 then i found the 32x9.50 ss with an actually height of 32.3 and they are $20 less so my question to you guys is what tire should i go with and whats the pros and cons of having 9.50 over 10.50 and vice versa

·
Pushy, Loudmouthed, and Ballsy
6,177 Posts
IMHO 9.50 on a 3 inch lifted with 33 inch tires will look real skinny. Kinda like a 6'6" 17 year old that weighs 160.
I didn't know they even made 33's that narrow. Even a 10.50 on that large a tire will look small.

·
Pushy, Loudmouthed, and Ballsy
6,177 Posts
I had 31 x 10.50s on my yj. But when I needed new shoes, I went ahead and bought 30 x 9.50s. I have a stock lift and don't do much more than ride around the farm and hunt and fish with my wrangler. Nothing really hardcore. My gas mileage is a little better and it seems to have less problems turning the bigger tire. It still looks a little funny to me, though. I don't think it looks bad with no lift and those tires. Yours is a different situation.

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
IMHO 9.50 on a 3 inch lifted with 33 inch tires will look real skinny. Kinda like a 6'6" 17 year old that weighs 160.
I didn't know they even made 33's that narrow. Even a 10.50 on that large a tire will look small.
ahhhhh, come on Dare.......it looks a "little bit" skinny :rolleyes:
just for the record, they show outside the flare (slightly) !!! :D

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
but what are the advantages of having wider tires compared to tires that are an inch smaller and does anyone know if cj flares would fit a yj

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i definetly agree i was gonna cut the front fenders well i still am to look like flat fenders and trim the back wheel well a bit and put these flexy flares off quadratec on them but turns out that they wont reall work so now im stuck i dont know whether to put cj flares on (dont even know if they will work) or no flares or modify these flares to make them work and risk not being able to return them what do you think

1 - 10 of 10 Posts