Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My names Aaron and I've spent most of my time reading and getting to know more about my Jeep thanks to this forum. Let me start by telling you a little about my rig.

About 2 years ago, I bought my gold Jeep TJ from a dealership in Erie PA. It was a '99 with 101k miles on it. Like many others, I had no idea what I was getting myself into. The jeep was stock, except for Sony xplode speakers in a sound bar, and an antique 2 inch (I think) pro comp lift.

Slowly I started building this project up. First I replaced the front bumper with a smittybilt and an Engo winch. I then bought new pro comp wheels and put Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs on them. More recently I replaced all audio with Polk audio, Sony CD player, and installed a Rockford 12 inch P3 subwoofer.

A few months ago, I installed

- a LuK clutch
- Spicer u joints
- brakes
- Rigid flood lights
- Truck lite headlights
- High lift jack and mount
- Replaced soft top with hard too
- Added a box in the back for tools/parts/fluids/safety and recovery equipment

Within the last weeks, I've installed

- 3.5 inch Bilstein 5100 lift
- RE adjustable track bar/steering stabilizer.
- ZJ tie rod swap
- Synergy adjustable lower control arms.

Once the weather gets better I intend on ripping the heating elements out and attempting to diagnose that issue. I would also like to look into a motor swap, or rebuild just to make sure the engine would break any time soon. Also in the works is a complete set of Metalcloak armor for around the jeep. Just waiting for tax season.

If anyone reads this, I'd love more input on mods. I've been saving money and would love to put it into this.

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts