Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 136 Posts

·
Registered
8,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please post ways to improve Wranglers aerodynamics.

I'll get it started..
Green is metal bars, blue is clear Plexiglas and red is also clear Plexiglas that may be trimmed to allow more air to pass through. Maybe some more Plexiglas to cover the fender flares too.

·
WF Graphics Bitch
544 Posts
Just make it out of a durable rubber instead of plexi. Then you can put a weather radar behind it, and launch it into space :D

·
Registered
576 Posts
The only way I could think to make a jeep more aerodynamic is to sell it and buy a Super Bird...

·
Registered
88 Posts

I'll get it started..
Green is metal bars, blue is clear Plexiglas and red is also clear Plexiglas that may be trimmed to allow more air to pass through. Maybe some more Plexiglas to cover the fender flares too.
I'm new to Jeeps, but isn't putting 'Wrangler' and 'aerodynamics' in the same sentence kind of like 'military intelligence' or 'floating brick' in the same sentence?:doh:

·
Registered
51 Posts
WTF about sums it up!!

(if i knew how to flip you off with one of those little cartoons i would!!)

·
I luv bourbonz!
3,105 Posts

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
wouldent the green bar get in the way of the head light?

·
Extremely Humble
11,545 Posts

I'll get it started..

·
Extremely Humble
11,545 Posts

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
A refrigerator on wheels has no aerodynamic qualities.

·
Registered
5,576 Posts
i think that if you want to do it go ahead, but im not sure how much thats really gonna help, as someone said the winshield is straight up and down, and remember the back is just as important as the front, the rear of a jeep alos it just a straight line, this means it sucks air in behind

to really get better mpg you owuld need to adress the back, the winshield, and also the undercarriage, most cars have plastic that goes the whole lengths of the undercarriage to keep air from pocketing and swirling aroung underneath

but you can try it and see fi it helps, whats it gonna hurt, just a few bucks on plexiglass

·
Registered
51 Posts
O2PROVE,

thanks for the help....

CHEERS TO WORKING TOGETHER TO MAKE MY POINT!!

·
Registered
51 Posts
rchp,

I LOVE THAT IDEA!!

CHEERS TO THINKING OUT SIDE THE "BOX"!!!

ps the gas tank is in the same place as the pinto!!

1 - 20 of 136 Posts