Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im going to replace my battery cables but the cables branch off to my alternator and my fuse box does anybody else's jeep have same setup ?

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Run one cable from battery to fuse, and then one cable from fuse to alt. I replaced mine a couple months ago and that's how I ran it. I'll see if I can't find the post that I followed and then I'll post it here

·
Registered
544 Posts
^thats my thread. Pics are at the bottom because photobucket got rid of the original ones.

Like said above, one positive wire goes to the fuse box, then from there it goes to the alternator. The other positive wire goes directly to the starter. There's a fusible link wire that goes between the alternator and fuse box that you have to remember. It's the green wire that comes on the factory wiring harness. Let's me know if you have any questions!!

·
Registered
120 Posts
I got the same on ragin_cajuns got, agree that they're good quality. Lots of people seem content to make their own which is A-OK but I didn't mind the cost of having them made for me.

Only thing I can suggest is take a day to make sure you can loosen all the various bolts the cables go to. I had to put my cable install off for another day because I spent all my light braking free bolts (especially the one grounded on the engine block that had some other wires connected to it).

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
I made mine for like 80 bucks. Gave me something to do. Love the result.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts