...drivers seat.

Must be able to fit full sized 1911.

?

:pop:

·
Registered
45 Posts
box?

go see an auto upholstery shop. I have seen this done they can sew a pocket on the front of the bottom with elastic top. with matching material should be plenty of room for 911 and it is not noticible

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
He wants a locking drawer. I want same. Fold and slide limit options. I seen one at qudratec. No experience.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey guys. Thanks for the responses.

Yep, I am looking for a locking box. When in my vehicle, I have a holster attached to the bottom of the steering column, but when leaving the vehicle (I have a cc on my body, this is for a vehicle backup), I want a secure place for it.

And, for some unknown reason ;) I seem to have several 1911's which are damn indestructible and I am very proficient with, so being able to have one of them with me is a +.

I looked at the specs for the Tuffy box, but it would only seem to hold my XDS, but not the larger 1911 - Commander nor the 1911 - Full Sized.

Haven't found specs on the Bestop one (is it hidden on their website somewhere?).

Thanks

·
Registered
134 Posts
Hey guys. Thanks for the responses.

Yep, I am looking for a locking box. When in my vehicle, I have a holster attached to the bottom of the steering column, but when leaving the vehicle (I have a cc on my body, this is for a vehicle backup), I want a secure place for it.

And, for some unknown reason ;) I seem to have several 1911's which are damn indestructible and I am very proficient with, so being able to have one of them with me is a +.

I looked at the specs for the Tuffy box, but it would only seem to hold my XDS, but not the larger 1911 - Commander nor the 1911 - Full Sized.

Haven't found specs on the Bestop one (is it hidden on their website somewhere?).

Thanks
I have a Tuffy box that I carry an XD subcompact in. But, like you, I prefer one of my 1911s. I have my CHL, but can't always carry inside some places. Need a lockbox in the Jeep. Not a problem in my truck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts