Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a new to me 97 TJ sport with hard top. Iam going to buy a soft top, probably trek hop nx, outside chance is a Softopper. They both seem to fit the bill, nx slightly cheaper as a kit. Wondering if I Need any other hardware that the kits don't include or Iam missing from PO carelessness . This jeep has been through a few owners and Iam bringing him back to life. I know I'll get the door surrounds with nx. How about those brackets ( 1 one on each side back , two holes each about 3" apart). Will I need them with either these soft tops? Any anchors needed inside? Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,221 Posts
The Trektop NX will come with everything you need to install the top.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Both the Trektop NX and the Softopper will come with everything you need to install. Either one is a good top, but if you can pick up some door surrounds on the cheap, I'd lean more toward the Softopper.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Both the Trektop NX and the Softopper will come with everything you need to install. Either one is a good top, but if you can pick up some door surrounds on the cheap, I'd lean more toward the Softopper.
I love my Softopper, but this seems to be the key, making sure you get OEM style door surrounds and the appropriate Softopper. Seems most of the complaints I read about the Softopper stem from their door surrounds.
I don't have any experience with the trektop so I can't speak for it, but I can confirm for you that the softopper comes with the tailgate bar and brackets.

·
Premium Member
1,221 Posts
The Trektop NX comes with factory type door surrounds, the header for the sundowner and a tailgate bar with brackets and screws.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts