Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2004 TJ, looking for options for a frameless soft top for the summer. All suggestions are welcome. Thank you.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Mine came with this top when I bought it and I like it but I don't have anything to compare it to.

Attachments

Reactions: urbanlegend

·
Registered
12 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Waiting on my trek top nx. I ordered one after reading and posting a few inquiries on the best options and it's really the best deal. PM Quadratec for the best price. They will give you a pre order number to reference when you call it in. FYI the are about a week or two backordered from bestop right now but should ship soon.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Waiting on my trek top nx. I ordered one after reading and posting a few inquiries on the best options and it's really the best deal. PM Quadratec for the best price. They will give you a pre order number to reference when you call it in. FYI the are about a week or two backordered from bestop right now but should ship soon.
Awesome info on the PM to them, I'll be picking up a new LJ soft top very soon. Just need to sell my hardtop. Let me know what you think of the new top.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I know a lot of people will cringe and swear the Rampage Frameless is pure garbage....."It'll fall apart in your hands as your installing it" is what they'll likely say.

Bull, have one on my TJ been there for a year, still as tight as it was on day one, no leaks, no horrendous noise at highway speed, windows are still clear, no problems.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I bought the Trektop NX (black diamond) for my TJ, about a month an a half ago. It was super tight to go on originally. I took a 4 hour drive last week, and can't complain about the wind noise. Much quieter than the Rampage framed soft top that I took off. The Trektop is a great top. Fits well and looks good. Very easy to use too.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Two years on a Bestop Nx Trektop love fits well (really hard to install first time) looks great would definitely recommend.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Just bought a smittybilt extended safari top with the tonneau cover and windbreak.
It's just a different option than the straight ahead soft top. Probably not quite as good at keeping the weather out, but it's summer.

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
x2 mudbug....I also have the rampage. fits tight , not much wind noise and looks good, 1st yr, so cannot attest to how long it'll last.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I decided on, and purchased a softopper. Deciding factor was ease and speed of install.
It's been great and is easy to get on and off - very important to me. It's just as easy as The video on the website makes it look.
Construction is top notch and I like he way in looks too!

·
Registered
33,540 Posts
Rampage frame less top is junk, mine only lasted three years before all but one strap dry rotted and broke and I was running my hard top for about three months in the winter!

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
I’m an original adopter of the Trek NX (going on 5 or 6 years now i think). Been happy with it. It still goes on tight and doesnt make much more noise than it did on day one. Noticed over the years they have made improvements to it since I got mine. I’ve had a couple problems with the back window mostly that Ive had to fix. Otherwise, its held up to high CA desert temps, mud, sand, sun, rain, all of the above and still has a good black shine. Ill probably go with another one here in the next year or two.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts