Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to upgrade my brakes.
I run 15x8 wheels.
Are any of you running upgraded brakes that you're happy with?

·
Super Moderator
6,668 Posts
i'm running Black Magic pads and centric premium rotors and my jeep stops faster with 35's than the OEM brakes on OEM tire sizes

·
Registered
114 Posts
Another vote for Black Magic Brakes. I'm running the BM pads and centric rotors on my '06 LJ and couldn't be happier.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Another vote for Black Magic Brakes. I'm running the BM pads and centric rotors on my '06 LJ and couldn't be happier.
Are you talking just pads and rotors? I’m looking to replace my fronts but not looking to spend $1000. My YJ braked very well on 33’s but my LJ I just picked up needs to be addressed- pretty sure the rotors are toast, grooved/glazed.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Are you talking just pads and rotors? I’m looking to replace my fronts but not looking to spend $1000. My YJ braked very well on 33’s but my LJ I just picked up needs to be addressed- pretty sure the rotors are toast, grooved/glazed.
Yes, I only upgraded the pads and rotors. Didn't cost much more than the "cheap" stuff and the braking is definitely improved. I have a lot more confidence in the Jeep on mountain roads and in heavy traffic than before. There is a bit of a break in process for them to work correctly, and a TON of dust, but I'll take that in the name of better stopping power.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Is there another source to get those besides their website? Every item I click on says out of stock?

·
Registered
2,908 Posts
The site says they're in stock now.

Reactions: steves92

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Right on, just ordered pads and rotors

·
Registered
4,942 Posts

·
Knows a couple things...
49,018 Posts
Hard (!!!) repetitive braking, so hot I can smell them. Don't come to complete stops, release the pedal slowly before it comes to a complete stop. Do not baby these brakes, perform aggressive stops every so often to keep them working up to their full potential.

Better yet just precisely follow the instructions and keep in mind babying them is not the way to run them.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts