Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys. so my cam bolts on the front lca’s aren’t doing good and i’m looking to do a cam bolt eliminator kit with adjustable control arms. my question is, will the jk cam bolt eliminator kit fit the tj lca brackets the same? metal cloak sells the kit for “tj/lj & jk” for $40 shipped. or i can get teraflex ones for “jk” for $20. so just wondering if the jk/tj lca brackets have the same setup and if the “jk specific” cam elim kit will fit my tj, since metalcloak claims theirs fits 97-17 wranglers. just trying to save some money on tiny washers that i’m sure i can get at the hardware store for cheaper, but if these are manufactured for the exact thing i’m having issues with, i’d rather go this route. thanks jeepers

·
Registered
9,000 Posts

·
Premium Member
629 Posts
I am looking to purchase that above kit. My question is what size and length bolt do I use with the kit to replace the cam bolt? I’m also assuming only use grade 8 bolts?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,815 Posts
A large washer that fits inside the horseshoe from the hardware store works. If needed, we can call it a kit.

·
Registered
17 Posts
that is an amazing design. i didn’t even know anything like this existed, all i was finding is normal square washers with holes in them. love that this is recessed in a way to fit in the cam hole. screw saving money, i’m gonna go this route. thanks so much!!
Inspect the mount slot before purchasing. If it is deformed in a way that has thinned the clamping surface (usually the area surrounding the bolt), the oval boss on those washers will need to be shaved to match.

·
Knows a couple things...
49,405 Posts
I am looking to purchase that above kit. My question is what size and length bolt do I use with the kit to replace the cam bolt? I’m also assuming only use grade 8 bolts?
Grade 5 is plenty there. Should be 9/16 bottom and 7/16 top IIRC, go with fine thread. Factory is metric but...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i’m doing this install tomorrow along with lca’s. local hardware store only has grade 8 m14 bolts in 100mm. i know factory size is 110mm axle side and 105mm frame side. i’m driving my jeep to the garage we’re doing the work at so i can’t take out my bolt to compare. will the 100mm work fine in both frame/axle side or do i need to order longer??

1 - 10 of 10 Posts