Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i'm new here, i have a 1998 TJ 4.0 5 speed, with a 4 inch suspension lift, with the stock np231 transfer case, which i just bought a rugged ridge sye for it now i'm trying to figure out how long the cv shaft has to be, (how much slip and the over all dimension so i can have some one build a shaft for me), i also have a ford 8.8 in the rear, just trying to save some down time buy getting the shaft now so i can just throw everything in at once and wont have to wait to have the place build the shaft since it's my daily driver. any help would be great i cant put up with the vibrations anymore.

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
Tatton can build your shaft for you I ordered my SYE and shaft at the same time for my 4" lift. No issues

Let him know what SYE you have and your lift. He should have no problem building your shaft

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tatton can build your shaft for you I ordered my SYE and shaft at the same time for my 4" lift. No issues

Let him know what SYE you have and your lift. He should have no problem building your shaft
whos tatton? and what rear end do you have?

·
Administrator
12,630 Posts
Most shafts can be built and shipped in a day or two.. In stall the SYE.. measure and get shaft.. ikn the few days between use 4hi to get around...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Most shafts can be built and shipped in a day or two.. In stall the SYE.. measure and get shaft.. ikn the few days between use 4hi to get around...
bad ideas.. haha i have a locked front end i think i'll just take a good guess maybe get a shaft with a little bit more slide then normal and later on find out exactly what i need and keep the old one for a spare, mind you i've blown off my stock shaft 3 times ( i have to redo the ujoint every few weeks and they fail when i dont get around to redoing the ujoint)

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
Big Cole said:
Curtis Tatton
West Valley City, Utah
Phone 801 685 0056

Call this dude. He built me a CV shaft for my rig with an 8.8. Great price and product.
Agreed, I did a lot of checking into tatton drive shafts before ordering and I am happy with mine on my cj. I had to measure first because I changed 50% of the drive line, but great product at a great price. My rear cv was only about 200 bucks shipped, much lower than my tom woods cv on my lj. He advertises his products on eBay so you can price stuff there if you know what you are looking for.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Curtis Tatton
West Valley City, Utah
Phone 801 685 0056

Call this dude. He built me a CV shaft for my rig with an 8.8. Great price and product.
i will tomorrow at some point, no work or school for me cause of the hurricane :dance:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Curtis Tatton
West Valley City, Utah
Phone 801 685 0056

i'm so stupid i was just on ebay looking at the tattons shafts when you meantioned it, it didnt even click a light on.... :facepalm:

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
whos tatton? and what rear end do you have?

Well... others have posted Curtis' info for you... cool,...

I have a D35...

·
Registered
141 Posts
Where in NH are you? I took a V8 ZJ front drive shaft in to Rochester truck with measurements when I needed mine. I had it back and installed the same day. Good folks over there.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Where in NH are you? I took a V8 ZJ front drive shaft in to Rochester truck with measurements when I needed mine. I had it back and installed the same day. Good folks over there.
in a little town west of manchester like 20 minutes away from manchester actually, i think if i go local i'll do the same thing have them cut down one from a zj or an xj, have you have any problems with using that shaft? i could always just use that as a temp and then when that's in i'll get the real measurements and get a nice shaft

·
Registered
141 Posts
I know lots of folks out your way. Nice area.

No issues with it at all. In fact, my spare drive shaft is a Tom Woods dealio. I like the one Rochester Truck made better.

·
Registered
141 Posts
If you're going to go get one done locally, here are 2 great shops in Manch..

Gilbert Driveline Service & Supply Inc

(603) 623-3061

340 Massabesic St

Manchester, NH 03103

or...

Jons Shafts & Stuff LLC

(603) 627-4880
shaftsandstuff.com

347 Massabesic St, Manchester, NH 03103

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I know lots of folks out your way. Nice area.

No issues with it at all. In fact, my spare drive shaft is a Tom Woods dealio. I like the one Rochester Truck made better.
what town are you in? i'm from new boston

1 - 18 of 18 Posts