Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi I just wanted to start off saying I used to have a 1994 wrangler yj sahara never ever had a problem with it and recently I upgraded to a Wrangler Tj 2004 X 4.0 from a auction (I work for a dealership) it has I think 4 inch lift skyjacker with 32 inch tires with dickcepek rims two of the tires are gone and needs alignment I drove off the auction as soon as the needle hit 45 the death wobble happened then again 10 seconds later what direction should I take first should I get a track bar first or tires or alignment

·
Registered
501 Posts
hi I just wanted to start off saying I used to have a 1994 wrangler yj sahara never ever had a problem with it and recently I upgraded to a Wrangler Tj 2004 X 4.0 from a auction (I work for a dealership) it has I think 4 inch lift skyjacker with 32 inch tires with dickcepek rims two of the tires are gone and needs alignment I drove off the auction as soon as the needle hit 45 the death wobble happened then again 10 seconds later what direction should I take first should I get a track bar first or tires or alignment
Get the tires balanced

·
Registered
63 Posts
I did tie rod ends, steering stabilizer, tire balance and an alignment and it all worked out for me. Hopefully it all works out!

·
Registered
831 Posts
Arga- all the advice is good and read the links provided. I've not experienced the DW, lucky i guess. This issue has been around for awhile and posters here it seems have found different ways to address their specific DW issues.

Start with the tires mounted and balanced and the alignment. Make sure everything is tight and do some test driving. Keep us posted of the status.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts