Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!

I found someone selling a Banks Power Monster cat-back exhaust but it is for a TJ. The owners manual shows 91-06 but the product number is only for a TJ.

Has anyone put a TJ exhaust on a YJ? What are the differences? Is it possible and if so, what needs to be done?

Thanks all!

·
Registered
9,000 Posts
Not worth the effort....

They are just different enough to make it a pita
Plus banks monster is not terribly expensive or impressive

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the input guys.

He’s asking $150 but I would pull the trigger at $100. Looked at the Banks manual and the only difference is the tail pipe part number. The system is for an early TJ before they switched to the double header system.

·
Registered
4,180 Posts
i looked up pictures and hangers seem to be a bit different but the rest looks fairly similar but you cant always go off pictures. I suppose if the bends were all the same you could weld new hanger on. Or better yet just buy an exhaust that fits it in the first place.

·
Super Moderator
10,652 Posts
Cheap parts always seem to end up to be more expensive.
Given enough time and motivation, you should be able to get the TJ system to work.

If the Banks system was given to me for free, I'd sell it and buy the correct fitting parts.

If you buy the TJ exhaust, post some pics of the install and let us know what new swear words you invent while installing it.

Good Luck, L.M.

·
Premium Member
2,705 Posts
Cheap parts always seem to end up to be more expensive.
Given enough time and motivation, you should be able to get the TJ system to work.

If the Banks system was given to me for free, I'd sell it and buy the correct fitting parts.

If you buy the TJ exhaust, post some pics of the install and let us know what new swear words you invent while installing it.

Good Luck, L.M.
I spend a lot of time trying to find the right parts in just the YJ years let alone retrofit TJ parts

1 - 7 of 7 Posts