Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was messing about with my jeep this weekend and did a flex test. I noticed that my front axle is doing almost twice as much flexing as my rear with the anti-sway bar disconnected. So here's my question: Is this due to the rear springs being too stiff, or should I try to even out the articulation between the front and the rear with a dual rate anti-sway bar? Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
9,000 Posts
If you disconnected your front swaybar it would make perfect sense for the front to articulate more than the rear which still has a swaybar connected....

You don't need to do anything at all... just go wheeling...

Btw I dig the stock steel wheel utilitarian look....

·
Super Moderator
6,897 Posts
^^^ x2, although if the asking price doesnt scare you away, having an antirock on the front axle makes the front and rear work together and gives a much more controlled ride

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks! those rims were hard to find in that size :)
With discos I find that the jeep can be unstable on off-camber sections, especially if there's a cross ditch involved. It's not a bad system, but the body is mostly following the rear axle, which can create a lot of body roll.

I was looking at the ORO sway bar, but I've read some bad things about their customer support, and the Teraflex one is too much $$$$. There's a lot of praise for the Antirock, but I've also read about them squeaking over time. Can anyone confirm this? Doesn't look like the spherical joints are greasable.

·
Registered
9,000 Posts
I would suggest doing some more wheeling before you make any changes and see if you find that you get used to it... learn to anticipate what it will do ahead of time

1 - 5 of 5 Posts