Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

My driver seat rocks...it's annoying. I took the T40 Torx bolt out earlier while I was cleaning out the Jeep and the nylon shim/bushing that the fold and tumble slider runs on is worn flat on two sides. Has anyone found a place to buy these or order online? I would turn out some on the lathe but I live 300 miles from "Dad's shop"...bummer! I hate going to the dealer but I may have to...just hard to get there during the week, not to mention it usually takes two trips...one to order and another to pick up.

Thanks for any info!

·
Registered
597 Posts
on this Topic Rather than start a new one... the rear seat when folded up all the way should it "lock" in place or an I doing something wrong? also please post up Pics of your TJ/LJ folded up for more space.:wavey:

·
Yipeee Kay Ayyy
2,839 Posts
on this Topic Rather than start a new one... the rear seat when folded up all the way should it "lock" in place or an I doing something wrong? also please post up Pics of your TJ/LJ folded up for more space.:wavey:
No, rear seat does not lock when folded up.
I've heard new TJs had straps provided to hold them in place but I've never seen these straps - most guys just use a bungee.

I used to take my rear seat out instead of folding it forward - till one day I never put it back in (2 years ago :D)

·
Registered
597 Posts
I have more space in LJ and the seat keeps the dogs in the back.i will look into strapping it down... Thanks learn somthin new everyday

·
Registered
354 Posts
What exactly did you do to fix your seat? Any chance you could upload a pic of the part you're talking about?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Okay, hopefully the pics will be somewhat self explanatory.

Pic 01 shows the problem nylon bushing that the fold and tumble seat rides on.

Pic 02 shows the assortment of washers and bushings I bought from Ace Hardware(where I always wind up because Fastenal and Grainger doesn't have it).

Pic 03 shows 3 things: Orange area will need to be ground off until bushing is even with bolt head. Red area shows where seat would ride "if" you grind off the blue area. Blue area is where my seat rides now(once that area gets worn, I will remove bolt and grind it down so seat rides in red area).

Pic 04 shows the bushing after grinding off orange area so that it is even with bolt head.

Pic 05 shows the bolt with new bushing installed on seat(tension bushing is now resting on the shoulder of my new bushing rather than bolt head).

Note: The shoulder washers were $0.33 each...a LOT cheaper that the $300.00+ that the Jeep dealership wanted for the seat adjuster, which is a discontinued item anyway and they can't get it even if I wanted it. It takes less than an hour to replace all 4 bushings, 2 on each seat.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts

Pic 02 shows the assortment of washers and bushings I bought from Ace Hardware(where I always wind up because Fastenal and Grainger doesn't have it).

Pic 03 shows 3 things: Orange area will need to be ground off until bushing is even with bolt head. Red area shows where seat would ride "if" you grind off the blue area. Blue area is where my seat rides now(once that area gets worn, I will remove bolt and grind it down so seat rides in red area).

Pic 04 shows the bushing after grinding off orange area so that it is even with bolt head.

Pic 05 shows the bolt with new bushing installed on seat(tension bushing is now resting on the shoulder of my new bushing rather than bolt head).

Note: The shoulder washers were $0.33 each...a LOT cheaper that the $300.00+ that the Jeep dealership wanted for the seat adjuster, which is a discontinued item anyway and they can't get it even if I wanted it. It takes less than an hour to replace all 4 bushings, 2 on each seat.

My first post here hello all!!

BlkBrd666, what size washer was this that you got at Ace?

Thank you!

·
Registered
34 Posts
I actually need the bushing on the bolt above the one you replaced. Any idea where to find one of those?

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
Ive had this page bookmarked for quite awhile, good to see a couple more alternatives when I get to replacing mine finally.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hello,

My driver seat rocks...it's annoying. I took the T40 Torx bolt out earlier while I was cleaning out the Jeep and the nylon shim/bushing that the fold and tumble slider runs on is worn flat on two sides. Has anyone found a place to buy these or order online? I would turn out some on the lathe but I live 300 miles from "Dad's shop"...bummer! I hate going to the dealer but I may have to...just hard to get there during the week, not to mention it usually takes two trips...one to order and another to pick up.

Thanks for any info!
I have just purchased and installed new seat bushes on the passenger seat my 2006 TJ they installed perfectly and work great to eliminate that seat wobble
Order from [email protected].....I think the kit for two seats was about $30.00https://www.wranglerforum.com/images/smilies/bop.gif

1 - 18 of 18 Posts