Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was under my jeep and saw some rust behind the a arms(trailing arms? Not sure on wording there).. I'm having trouble uploading pics but I will once it goes into Photobucket..

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What would be my course of action here? I've found a site through searching here that sells replacement pieces of frame (I think autorust.com) but I can't find anything for the front of the frame..

·
Registered
3,197 Posts
Oh boy, that's a lot of rust. You may need a full replacement frame there if the rest of it looks that bad.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well the rest doesn't really look bad.. Obviously its not "good" but certainly a hell of a lot better then that.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Gooo! I'm with BLK00TJ, that is looking like a candidate for a full frame replacement, but you maaaaay be able to sneak a repair or two on their if it's not too rotted. Start with Auto Rust Technicians. They sell all sorts of weld on parts for the frame, arm mounts etc. Here is their website: Safe T Cap frame repair kits.

They sell stuff like in the pic which could solve your problem if there's enough good metal to weld on to.

I've never used them though so don't have any experience with their parts.
~Chris

Attachments

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It looks like there is plenty of frame left to weld to along the top. It feels solid most of the way around, I think I caught it before it was too late..(famous last words..)

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I was speaking with Dave from Auto Rust Tech via email and he advised me that the have the frame sections that I need, so I will most likely be ordering sometime here in the next couple days.. I think she may be saveable!! :D

·
Registered
3,197 Posts
Hope it all works out for you. Can I talk you into putting some POR15 on before she's all back together again?

I'm just south of you and surprised at that amount of rust. Did that Jeep come from closer to the coast?

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You don't have to talk me into it, I am already planning on it!
I really don't know where it came from, I purchased it from an "as-is" lot and didn't really get a whole lot of info..

1 - 16 of 16 Posts