Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
will a yj body and front fenders bolt onto a tj frame or will there have to be body mounts relocated?

sorry i ment for this to be posted in the yj technical forum. i wasnt paying attention where i was posting. do any of you tj guys know if this is possible?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
anybody know if this is possible? has anybody even attempted it? just tyring to get some input. i have a yj tub and i can get a rust free tj frame for free and was wonderin if the yj tub would set on it without much work.

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
Nope. The TJ and YJ both have a 93.4" wheelbase. The length from the door jam to the rear of the Jeep is the same on both vehicles at 81" and the width of the windshield is 55" on both vehicles.

I'm not sure what the actual frame length is, but the information leads me to believe that it is possible. There may be quite a bit of fabrication involved, but I don't know that.

I was curious about it myself and searched, but can't find an instance on the net where someone has tried it.

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
I found this. It's a YJ frame. I couldn't find anything like it for a TJ, but I bet there is something somewhere. From what I have found, the frames are nearly identicle, but I am not sure.

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
Where do you find this stuff ameriJeep? You spend way too much time in from of a computer.

·
WINNAR!!!!!!
2018 JLUR on tons and 40's.
6,852 Posts
amerijeep said:
I found this. It's a YJ frame. I couldn't find anything like it for a TJ, but I bet there is something somewhere. From what I have found, the frames are nearly identicle, but I am not sure.

They YJ frame is skinnier at the front bumper. I think it is 2" difference between the two.

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
daddyjeep said:
Where do you find this stuff ameriJeep? You spend way too much time in from of a computer.

I do spend too much time in front of a computer...

I just stumbled on that schematic for the frame though. It looked like something that could be useful.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
it is I pulled it off and compared it to a tj frame. it may be possible to do it. i am going to try it probably next week. ill let you know how it goes.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts