Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I just installed some new front and rear springs off a buddy's JKU Rubicon on my '01 TJ 4.0. The numbers on the springs are rear 59 and front 17. I have two inch spacers on as well.

After the install, the rear of the vehicle lifted at least 2", closer to 3". The front maaaaybe lifted an inch. Now it's got a rake.

I don't hate it, but it is starting to grate on my nerves a little, and being a little OCD, I know I won't be able to take it for very long.

I'm wondering is I buy some springs like these if it would level the thing out, or if I'm going to have to remove the rear spacers, whcih I know would level it.

I'd like to keep the lift in the rear and lift the front to match, as I'm saving pennies now for 33's and would like the space, but I'm worried if I lift the fron 2" without changing the control arms if I'm going to lose performance or handling.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
392 Posts
So you got close to 5 inches of lift total with the spacers in the rear and 3 inches up front with the spacers?

Or did you
Only get an inch up front with 2" spacers with jk springs which means the jk front springs lowered your jeep 1" and your stock tj springs would be better off on there.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'd say like 2" to 3" spring lift, 2" spacer on the rear, and 1" plus 2" on the front.

We kinda measured when we installed, but it wasn't an exact science and we may have had a few beers.

·
Registered
8,952 Posts
this is the problem with the JK stuff. Shock lengths are difficult to make work too.

remove the JK stuff, buy TJ stuff and install. Don't get anything from Rusty's.

Check out BDS, Zone and Old Man Emu if you're looking for a smaller lift.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
this is the problem with the JK stuff. Shock lengths are difficult to make work too.

remove the JK stuff, buy TJ stuff and install. Don't get anything from Rusty's.

Check out BDS, Zone and Old Man Emu if you're looking for a smaller lift.
I didn't have any problem getting it to fit. The rear springs were just longer than the stock, the front were the same.

What's wrong with Rusty's?

·
Registered
8,952 Posts
I didn't have any problem getting it to fit.
just because you can bolt stuff up doesn't mean it works, as evidenced by your picture.

What's wrong with Rusty's?
go search Rusty's stuff on JeepForum...you won't find many fans. lots of pissed off customers with broken/wrong parts, who never got their money back on refunds...stuff like that.

The only experience I've had personally with Rusty's products was their springs...and they were the same length as stock, just a whole lot stiffer. The complete opposite of what lift springs should be.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Take the spacers off of the rear and you will be fine.......
That's what my gut tells me as well.

If I need more space later I'll buy the lift for the TJ.

For now, the JK stuff rides fine, needed new shocks anyway.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts