Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts
Remus_Redbone said:
Not trying to hijack the thread, but here's a question someone on here may know; my Jeep came with the seven speaker stereo system. The dash speakers are actually a 4" mounted in a ~ 4"x6" plastic shell and a tweeter mounted on the exterior of the plastic shell. It appears that a 4"x6" speaker would go in the plastic shell if the 4" round hole was elongated to 4"x6". The plastic shell would act as an enclosure for the 4x6 speaker. I would use a two way or three way speaker so I wouldn't lose my tweeters. Has anyone ever tried to use the plastic enclosures for a larger speaker than the stock 4"?
Go on eBay and order speaker brackets for ur TJ. It's 7 bucks a pair and they work awesome. It turns ur 4x6 into a 5.25 which have more speaker options and are just a better all around speaker. Just did mine and they sound amazing.

Go on eBay and order speaker brackets for ur TJ. It's 7 bucks a pair and they work awesome. It turns ur 4x6 into a 5.25 which have more speaker options and are just a better all around speaker. Just did mine and they sound amazing.
x2

try a different brand of speakers I picked up a set of kicker 5.25 for the front from caraudiowarehouse.com and they sound great without any type of baffle

Speaker Upgrade

Post up the pictures. I just ordered some 6.5 Infinity references for the soundbar and 5.25 references for the front too. I need to order that bracket for the 5.25's now. Where can I get this bracket?
Thanks
Sounds like a nice set up, let me know how they work out, I've heard lots of good things about Infinity speakers. BTW, how are you fitting the 6.5 Infinitys in the sound bar?

Sounds like 5.25 with polyfill is the best option for the dash. Anyone have any other speaker brands they recommend? Still trying to decide how I want to upgrade the sound system in my 06 TJ

I have all infinity components. The 4x6 6412 CFp. Reference. And the 5 1/4. Component 5010 Reference. The 4x6 are in the stock dash And the 5 1/4 are in the sound bar. all have the custom baffles for them . And the 1.5 inch tweeters are in the corner of the roll bar padding of the inside rear. Also I run a pioneer 12 with a 300 x 1 phoenix gold amp. All of it is ran by a pioneer head unit

Discussion starter · #28 · (Edited)
Thanks !!

I used polyfill behind the front speakers and they sound so much better now.

I also installed a new amplilfier with 150W RMS for each speaker and that sounds also much better and louder than the old amp with only 70W RMS.

Btw the speakers have only 70W RMS / 120W Max but they can handle the 150W without any problem.

My actual setup:

2x 5.25" Audio System M 165 Plus speakers in the front 120 Hz - 20 kHz
1X 8" Audio System HX8SQ kickbass speaker in the center console in a MDF housing - 60 Hz-120 Hz
1x 10" Audio System HX10SQ in a ported MDF box - 20-60 Hz.

1x Impulse SD-700 amp with 2x 155W RMS for the front speakers and 1x 250W RMS for the kickbass.
1x Impulse SD-500 amp with 1x 585W RMS for the subwoofer.

My dad said that sounds wy better than the 8.000 Euro sound system in his Mercedes S500. :D:thumb:

And it´s that loud... When I´m inside the Jeep more than 50-60% begins to hurt... :eek:

BTW. I disconnected the rear speakers. With speakers only in the front the sound is more clear and better.

if your considering the foam speaker baffles use poly fill as well, i made a a test to see how they sound and now im needing poly fill too,
video i made in foam baffles - 5 1/4 foam speaker baffle - YouTube
and a thread to help me justify using both - http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f20/speaker-baffles-1056033/%20https://

also i might be resurrecting this thread but im sure it gets read enough being one of the first threads on google. :)
polyfill stuffed baffles?! :punk:

21 - 30 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.