Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need some guidance...can anyone tell me how an 07 jk rubi performs on the highway as far as power and keeping up..etc...what gear ratio are in these? I believe it has 35s on it now.....not looking forward to getting involved in a bunch of mods right away...thank you for any info:):D

·
Registered
4,136 Posts
Being a Rubicon it will have 4.10 gears. A stick will have a little better road manners than an auto. The auto will do okay, you won't be using OD that much though. The ride is quite different from a TJ. I went from an '04 TJ to an '07 JKU. Haven't looked back.

Bob K.

·
Registered
9,914 Posts
:whistling: Need more info--stick/auto/aftermkt gear change/lifted/tires?MTs/ATs/hardtop/softtop--

:dance::rofl: JIMBO

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sorry jimbox,,shouldve included that huh..auto, softop,3inch teraflex, 35's

·
Registered
8,554 Posts
fishband said:
It'll be good, but it will perform a lot better if it had been regeared. Stock it has 4.10s, but you'll want at least 5.13s or even 5.38s.

·
Registered
9,914 Posts
:D Well, if there has been NO GEAR change--you'll never use O/D and always bein 2nd/3rd gears for hiwy travel, mileage may be 13/14 mpg-

If you drive at 70 mph on a LONG LEVEL freeway--you can use O/D, untill you getta headwind/overpass/pass somebody-

I would never buy a lifted/tire'd JK/JKU jeep !

Good luck

:dance::rofl: JIMBO

·
Registered
8,554 Posts
fishband said:
Mike, I would assume it would perform better with 33's
Yeah, but it's still undergeared. Jimbo's running 5.38s with 33s. The auto trans gearing is the main culprit for all of that underpowered" stuff you heard.

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hey guys, current owner claims he had already regeared to 488's...any thoughts???

·
Registered
68 Posts
I have an 07 rubi with a 3 inch lift and 35's, 6 speed. Stock gears. This is the first jeep I've owned but I absolutely love it.

·
Registered
8,554 Posts
Hogan 2007 said:
Hi Mike,

I have that very set up. I think it's great! No problems on the highway.
What set up is that? 5.38s on 33s on a pre-2012 auto, or with 35s?

fishband said:
hey guys, current owner claims he had already regeared to 488's...any thoughts???
That'll be fine. 5.13s or 5.38s would've been better, but 4.88s will be a big improvement. So I say you're good to go if everything else is okay.

Tgass said:
I have an 07 rubi with a 3 inch lift and 35's, 6 speed. Stock gears. This is the first jeep I've owned but I absolutely love it.
The gear ratios for the pre-2012 autos were a lot worse than the sticks. 4.10s are okay with 35s with the 6 speed, not so much with the autos.

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
thank you so much guys...I will keep you posted..supposed to see it tomorrow

·
Registered
68 Posts
The gear ratios for the pre-2012 autos were a lot worse than the sticks. 4.10s are okay with 35s with the 6 speed, not so much with the autos.[/QUOTE]

That's right.. Aren't the autos only a 4 speed?

·
Registered
8,554 Posts
Tgass said:
The gear ratios for the pre-2012 autos were a lot worse than the sticks. 4.10s are okay with 35s with the 6 speed, not so much with the autos.
That's right.. Aren't the autos only a 4 speed?[/QUOTE]

Pre-2012, yes. For 2012 they're 5 speed.

·
I AM THERE4 I JEEP
12,295 Posts
Pre-2012, yes. For 2012 they're 5 speed.
Ugh....beat me too it. I was so looking forward to sharing my insignificant little knowledge about 12s just then. Oh we'll back to Kjeeper's 10K thread :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts