Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, so a while back I did the TJ half shaft in my D30 on my 90 YJ. Well since I did that I have noticed that my power wheels are no longer the front driver's and rear passenger's wheels. They are now both of the right wheels. Has anyone else seen this and if so, what's causing it? This has me and a couple other guys baffled.

·
Premium Member
10,093 Posts
Never seen it and yes its weird but limited slip sends power to the wheel with traction.

HowStuffWorks "Limited Slip Differentials "

Info only have no idea if you know.

or maybe the newer parts are better I have no idea I went with a locker to stop that when I did my TJ shaft.

·
Registered
4,757 Posts
The TJ shaft in the passenger side has nothing to do with which tire spins.

The tire that spins is the one with the least amount of traction when you have an open differential.

The driver's side front and passenger side rear spinning previously just meant that they were the tires with the least amount of traction at that time. It didn't mean that they are the ones to always spin.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
In one of the instances it was noticed, my left wheel was in the air when the right wheel started spinning. I don't have lockers yet.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for posting the link, joker. Short sweet and to the point.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts