Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jeepers-

Heads up, had a close one today. Had my factory hardtop off for the first time this season. While moving the top, one of the hinges for the rear glass crumbled like it was made of sugar. While scrambling to keep the glass from falling and breaking, the other one failed with next to no effort.

We had a hard winter, and there was a ton of salt thrown. By looking at it, that's what I would blame the failure on. I can't imagine what I would have done if this happened anywhere but on the ground, in my garage.

Looking for replacements, and open to suggestions...but thought it worth posting up here cause I can't be the only one this has happened to...or is about to.

My Jeep is a 97 TJ, but purchased this from a fellow WF member. IT was from a 03 Rubi I believe...so newer than my Jeep.

Heads up!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
I replaced my cracked OEM hinges with the stainless black powder coated Kentrol hinges from Quadratec. Worked perfect and better than OEM.

J

·
Registered
202 Posts
Just replaced my factory crumbling, window staining ones with the Kentrol Black Stainless mentioned above. Easy job, but read the directions first, there are a few tips in there worth reading.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts