Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Detail Oriented
3,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cannot find the headlight mod thread for TJs. I have read through a lot of stuff tonight. I searched, too. I even Googled for the term on this site.

I am thinking that the original link I read here went to a JF thread from a few years back.

Anyone know what I am asking about? It is a mod for TJs that runs the lights off the battery and some relays to take the heat off the switch and to get more power to the lamps. It was simply called "the headlight mod".

AND - within that thread was a link to a TJ product that was a retail version of the suggested homemade harness, it came with instructions, and it was about $45. I cannot for the life of me remember what company made it, cannot find bookmarks, cannot find it in my browsing history. And again, I searched for quite some time via here and google.

Any help? I really am looking for the harness link, but the thread with the diagram was something I need to bookmark for future reference.

·
Detail Oriented
3,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I read those and what I am looking for (the specific link to a product) is not in any of them. I will keep slogging through Google searches. I am just sick that this rolled off my browser history... RATS!

Thanks, again!

·
Registered
522 Posts
Headlightplugs.com will make you one.
I doubt you'll find a better harness for the price and it's 100% Made in the USA

·
Detail Oriented
3,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Headlightplugs.com will make you one.
I doubt you'll find a better harness for the price and it's 100% Made in the USA
Thanks! We need a Like button! :beerdrinking:

·
Registered
522 Posts
I talked to the owner and he believes in a USA made product.
I didn't have time to make this so I told him what I wanted.
Everything was machine crimped soldered and heat shrinked.
Funny thing about it was it arrived a couple days later ( cal to ohio).

·
Registered
179 Posts
I am currently designing a harness for cj, yj and tj that will use all waterproof components, marine grade wire, ceramic plugs, 10 gauge and 2 extra fused leads for accessories. If you want more info just pm me.

·
Registered
522 Posts
I am currently designing a harness for cj, yj and tj that will use all waterproof components, marine grade wire, ceramic plugs, 10 gauge and 2 extra fused leads for accessories. If you want more info just pm me.
Did you apply to be a vendor?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts