Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about changing my stock taillights to LED.
I been shopping around and purchase a SPEC-D form a website however now they are telling me they don't have the item to ship I would have to wait until the 26 of august and there is a chance the manufacturer might even discontinue for unknown reasons.

Well do you have LED taillights in your RIG? If yes mind sharing some pictures so I can decide on which one to go with?

I did a search on Google for pictures but none of the pictures are on a actual jeep so its hard to tell what it might look like...
Thanks

·
Registered
7,667 Posts
Are you looking for round? or Factory style? Also...are you ok with flush mounts that you have to cut the body for? I have round ones...they are just cheapo 15 dollars (each) from Walmart in the trailer section. I will see if I can find some pics.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts

·
Registered
7,667 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Seriously, check out the Savvy ones. They're in the same price range as the Savvy's, look almost identical (Savvy's look little better in my opinion), probably stronger due to the aluminum case, and it's Savvy so you know if there's a problem, they'll make it right.

·
Super Moderator
6,897 Posts
way more function over form, but this is what i did. see those little white squares that are in groups of three between the rear crossmember and the tub. 45 white LED strip that cost $12 on ebay. i dont think anyone would know they were there unless i point them out and they light up plenty of space behind me. when the spare is on a few of them get blocked but its still plenty

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
I've had mine 3-4 years and I couldn't be happier.
How bright are the reverse lights on those? I'm probably gonna get some but I'm trying to decide if I'll still need to do the aux. reverse lights I was planning on or not.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I just put the Savvy ones on mine and can't say enough good things about them. I was tempted by the ORO and other brands, but after seeing all the reviews about the LEDs going bad my mind was made up. Top notch build quality, super easy to install, fast shipping. Plus you can get 10% off for being a WF member.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
I just put the Savvy ones on mine and can't say enough good things about them. I was tempted by the ORO and other brands, but after seeing all the reviews about the LEDs going bad my mind was made up. Top notch build quality, super easy to install, fast shipping. Plus you can get 10% off for being a WF member.
I'm guessing you gotta get a hold of the Savvy rep on here?

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Just shoot Gerald an email and tell him you are on the forum...thats what I did :thumb:
Just did! :thumb: Can't wait to get these things! Is it sad that I'm this excited about them this far out from Christmas? :whistling::angel:

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 22 Posts