Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, im looking for a lift for my brother.. he wants a 2-2.5 inch lift good quality and price..i know most of the time it goes by... you get what you pay for kinda thing.. but im looking for some opinions on these lifts for tjs.. i have a yj so im not sure about these... thanks, and pics are appreciated!

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
a 1" body lift plus a 1.75" - 2" coil spring budget boost is light on the budget and easy and works well off road too when coupled with slightly larger tires. No need for replacing track bars or adjusting caster angle and no driveline issues, etc.

·
Registered
8,952 Posts
Hey guys, im looking for a lift for my brother.. he wants a 2-2.5 inch lift good quality and price..i know most of the time it goes by... you get what you pay for kinda thing.. but im looking for some opinions on these lifts for tjs.. i have a yj so im not sure about these... thanks, and pics are appreciated!
have him call Dirk at DPG Off-Road
www.dpgoffroad.com

his Old Man Emu stuff is good quality for a fair price.

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
Not to thread jack but......How is the ride on the BDS kit? It looks like it's just the shocks and springs correct? Did you do anything else? Tire size?
Yah, the ride is nice. It isnt too bumpy, but mines getting old so its a little stiffer on the shocks haha. I really like it, my tires are 31s.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks guys, uhmm.. just wondering.. if anyone has pics of a rig with these lifts that would be nice, and also was wondering if there is any lift in particular to stay away from? i know my brother doesnt want anything underneath his tj that is no good.. i mean.. in all honesty.. hes mostly using his jeep for a DD not much offroad action so i told him it almost doesnt matter what kind of lift he actually does.. but ive never looked through the different tj lifts because i have a yj, but i appreciate every ones help on this, you guys are the best, honestly

·
Registered
8,397 Posts
hes mostly using his jeep for a DD not much offroad action so i told him it almost doesnt matter what kind of lift he actually does..
I would head him toward the direction of a simple 2" Budget Boost lift then. He can retain most of the stock ride feel and use the shocks he has now.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
OME 2.5 HD lift on 31's.
my brother has 31s on his tj, and if my brothers jeep will look like that after a 2.5, i think hed be very happy. nice lookin jeep man.. just curious.. how much was the OME 2.5?

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I would head him toward the direction of a simple 2" Budget Boost lift then. He can retain most of the stock ride feel and use the shocks he has now.
sorry for the lack of knowledge, but can u define more clearly for me a, "budget boost?" is that just the 2in spring spacers or whatever? im a yj guy so im not real sure im wording it right :surrender:

·
Registered
384 Posts
Really happy with my ride height at 2.5" suspension lift and 31" tires. I am riding at eye level with Hummer H2s and Ford Expeditions to give you and your brother an idea of how tall it is when sitting in the driver's seat.

Attachments

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Really happy with my ride height at 2.5" suspension lift and 31" tires. I am riding at eye level with Hummer H2s and Ford Expeditions to give you and your brother an idea of how tall it is when sitting in the driver's seat.
thank you, i see about how high hes gonna be, as he already has the 31s on there. but hieght-wise my brother is bone stock in his jeep. so obviously it looks like a little guy next to my yj (4inch rc lift, and 33s) but i think the 2.5 lift would be real nice cause its not super tall, but its also a little more aggresive than stock, obviously.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I was going to ask you what size tire does he want to run, then noticed you started a new thread to compare 31 vs. 33

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
yeah, i was just talkin to him, and he has 31s right now.. but he figures if hes going to spend the money.. might as well go 4in and 33s.. but hes not sure.. soooo i wanted to get pics of both on one thread to compare

1 - 20 of 21 Posts