Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I had it all planned out ... but it is a jeep! I bought a 3.5 Rock krawler short arm lift kit with all 8 adjustable control arms for my TJ. After fiishing the front install and moving to the back I began to think the height was much more than 3.5 inches. I measured the rear springs old and new on the work bench and the new springs are 6 inch taller than stock. I had planned on doing sye and drive shaft later but now it will have to be sooner ... The first question is weather a sye is the way to go with that much lift or should i do something different? The second question is: I had planned to switch the rear end to a dana 44 at a later date so if I buy a drive shaft now will I need a different one when I switch rear ends? Thanks

·
Registered
397 Posts
Measure the springs with the jeeps weight on them. IIRC the stock springs are 12" front and 8" rear, anything over that is your lift.
I think the snout of the 44 is longer then the 35, so not sure about the driveshaft.
And if you go the SYE route, look into getting the Super Short SYE.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I measured front springs with weight on them and they measures 5 to 5.5 inches taller. With 3.5 inch lift I had planned to run it with stock drive shaft with possibly lowering transfer case (trail and error). Even after adjusting both uca and lca I believe the drive shaft angle will be to steep do do that. So I will research super short sye. Thanks

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Maybe they sent you the wrong kit?

·
Registered
397 Posts
I measured the rear springs old and new on the work bench and the new springs are 6 inch taller than stock.
So they're basically the same length on the jeep as they were on the work bench?? If that's the case, and a issue for you, I'd call the place you got the kit from.
Might be a part number on the springs you could Google

·
Registered
4,815 Posts
I measured front springs with weight on them and they measures 5 to 5.5 inches taller. ..
This is with the weight of the jeep on the spring, correct? 1,100lbs of corner weight vs your 5 year son is a big difference. ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts