Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a stock tj and wanting to do a small lift to it.
I have been looking around at them on line. My question is what brand do you suggest? Looking at 2 or 3 inches.

·
Registered
150 Posts
It all depends on your budget and what kind of offroading you do. I haven't lifted mine yet but I've already got a lift picked out. I did so much research before I finally picked one, it came down between the currie 4" and the metalcloak 3.5". I'm going with the metalcloak lift, mostly because I want to try their new control arms with the duroflex bushing. It's gonna cost a pretty penny though. But as far everything I've read and talked to people, the main lifts that had nothing but good reviews, was currie/savvy suspension, OME, Metalcloak, BDS, Zone. Basically it all depends on what kind of offroading your gonna be doing and what your looking to spend.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the input jordo. I don't plan on doing any serious rock climbing. Just looking for a couple of inches more ground clearance. So I can do some off roading. But still handle nicely at 70 mph on the interstate. I have seen lifts as low as $199 but I am sure I would not be happy with something on the low end. Kinda looking for a good middle of the road system that won't be a constant problem.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I actually just installed the BDS 2" suspension lift on my TJ this past weekend. It had great reviews so I pulled the trigger. The jeep is my DD and I was in the same boat, wanting a bit more clearance. It actually gave me about 2.5" of lift and I love the new height on the 32s

Attachments

·
Registered
150 Posts
An in the middle price range lift with top quality and good for a DD and still offroad capable would be OME. I've heard nothing but good stuff about OME, I was gonna go that way on mine but decided I wanted to try the metalcloak suspension, plus I wanted something that will take alot of abuse and still stay strong. My TJ is a DD as well.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the input guys I will check out the lifts you have suggested to find the one that best meets my needs

1 - 6 of 6 Posts