Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

181 - 200 of 201 Posts

·
Registered
884 Posts
Thread revival!!!

I have been nothing short of impressed with my Rock Krawler X factor 3.5" lift. Coupled with an xtreme short SYE and Adams DS it has been amazing. The new Krawler joints are smooth and allow great flexibility. I run 5100's and find them perfectly suited for street driving and even mild trail work. I do find they do fade quicker than I would like in open desert and will replace them with resivoir shocks when funds allow. This setup has allowed me to run all over SoCal, miller, johnson valley, red mountain etc and even the Rubicon without fail.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
I got myself the 2" BDS lift kit with their Nitro shocks.

I have a soft top TJ with a winch and in the end I got 2" in the rear and 1.5" in the front. On road it feels good but can be a slightly stiff at times. I may not be the best judge of this as I bought my TJ with sagging springs and old shocks, so I don't know how the BDS ride is verses the factory ride. I have not tried this off-road yet but it seems like it will have a great amount of flex. I added 7/8" bumpstop in the front and 1-7/16" bumpstop in the rear. In the end this is a great kit for the money and it rides well :thumb:

·
Registered
99 Posts
JEEP: 02' TJ X
LIFT: ProComp 2" Stage 1
SHOCKS: ES3000
SYE/CVD: N/A T-Case Drop
TIRES/WHEELS: 33" Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ

This lift came with the Jeep when I bought it and I will be replacing all of it, but figured I'd add to the thread.

PROS: Inexpensive

CONS: Everything about it. Very uncomfortable and stiff ride both on and off road. Not impressed with this kit at all, and even with the t-case drop there is ton's of vibes from lack of SYE kit when travelling between 40-50mph mark. Price isn't worth what you get, better to save the money towards a better kit.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just installed a Zone 3 inch lift with nitro shocks, Rusty's front track bar. This kit replaced two Inch spacers and kyb monomax shocks. Now it rides like a new jeep. I can't recommend kyb shocks. They were way too stiff. So far I'm really happy with the Zone lift.
I don't do much off-road.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Just installed a Zone 3 inch lift with nitro shocks, Rusty's front track bar. This kit replaced two Inch spacers and kyb monomax shocks. Now it rides like a new jeep. I can't recommend kyb shocks. They were way too stiff. So far I'm really happy with the Zone lift.
I don't do much off-road.
Do you mind posting a pic of your Jeep?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Rough Country 4" X Series N2o Shocks
Adams Driveshaft SYE
Rugged Ridge Rear Adjustable track bar
33x12.50 Cooper Duck Commanders

Likes very good adjustable quality 4 link arms
Adams Driveshaft excellent service and quality

Dislikes states in instructions my have to add spacers to sit level front to rear I had to add 2" front to make it level front to rear.
Should have came with rear adjustable track bar

·
Registered
179 Posts
Glad I found this, looking for some opinions, I am have an SYE, CV drive shaft and pinion angle work done now. Within the next year Im looking at replacing the 6" rough country lift with a 3-4" lift from a manufacturer that makes a lift kit without a back breaking ride. Any suggestions? Ive been looknig at Teraflex suspensions but my god are they pricey!

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Zone Offroad 4.25" combo lift with Rancho 9000XL adjustable shocks (35" MTZ P3 tires). This is my 4th Zone lift. Better than stock ride even with the Zone hydro shocks.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Glad I found this, looking for some opinions, I am have an SYE, CV drive shaft and pinion angle work done now. Within the next year Im looking at replacing the 6" rough country lift with a 3-4" lift from a manufacturer that makes a lift kit without a back breaking ride. Any suggestions? Ive been looknig at Teraflex suspensions but my god are they pricey!
Shocks are tire pressure make up most of the ride quality (good or bad).

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Rough Country 4" X Series N2o Shocks

Dislikes states in instructions my have to add spacers to sit level front to rear I had to add 2" front to make it level front to rear.
Should have came with rear adjustable track bar
That's strange. I had that same lift on my 03' Sahara with 35s. I didn't need 2" spacers to have it sit level. 3/4" worked and an angled track bar bracket works perfectly fine with a sye.

Attachments

·
Registered
434 Posts
3" lift kit (not sure what kind, it was on there when I bought it). I added Bilstein 5100 shocks, 1.25" JKS body lift and Brown Dog motor mount lift. All sitting on 33" tires wrapped around 8" MB wheels. The ride is smooth and tracks great at highway speeds.

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
I added Bilstein 5100 shocks, The ride is smooth and tracks great at highway speeds.
That's unusual considering that Bilsteins are some of the worst riding shocks on small bumps.

·
Registered
15 Posts
My trusty old TJ is 2001 Sahara and I will NEVER part company with it! I have a JL but I love this TJ. So it is decked out with the following:

BDS 3" adjustable kit (everything adjustable)
JKS Quicker Disconnect
Bilstein 5100 for 3" lift
1 inch body lift
33 x 12.50 x 17
Advanced Adapter SYE
Tom Woods custom drive shaft front and rear
Synergy heavy duty steering kit with Fox Shock stabilizer

Attachments

·
Registered
540 Posts
My trusty old TJ is 2001 Sahara and I will NEVER part company with it! I have a JL but I love this TJ. So it is decked out with the following:

BDS 3" adjustable kit (everything adjustable)
JKS Quicker Disconnect
Bilstein 5100 for 3" lift
1 inch body lift
33 x 12.50 x 17
Advanced Adapter SYE
Tom Woods custom drive shaft front and rear
Synergy heavy duty steering kit with Fox Shock stabilizer
I know 15" wheels are the default, but those 17's look fantastic!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I know 15" wheels are the default, but those 17's look fantastic!!
Thanks! I have spent so much money on this TJ it is ridiculous! I even have a 4.0L engine (re-manufactured) by Jasper Engines sitting in my garage waiting for this one to wear out! In all honesty I don't why I like this Jeep so much! The BDS lift kit is awesome, especially with their no BS warranty!

181 - 200 of 201 Posts