Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a 2000 TJ sport. I want to lift it enough for 31-32 inch tires. What’s the easiest but best increase, 2 1/2 or 3 1/2 lift?

·
Registered
14 Posts
They call it a "budget boost". Its essentially a 2" puck you install on top of your coil springs. I believe you need new shocks to accommodate the additional 2". That would be the cheapest/minimalist route. A quick Google search will explain what they are.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Springs

They call it a "budget boost". Its essentially a 2" puck you install on top of your coil springs. I believe you need new shocks to accommodate the additional 2". That would be the cheapest/minimalist route. A quick Google search will explain what they are.
I should have been clearer. I want to do it right with new springs it just seems like over 3” is a lot more work and cost because of sway arms/transfer case lowering and things like that. I was looking at the Quadratec lifts for about $500.

·
Super Moderator
6,898 Posts
look at the zone combo lift. many many users have run this lift and it always gets great reviews. we put one on the wife's jeep with 33" MTR's and the only additional piece that is recommended is an adjustable front track bar.

by doing a motor mount lift and a body lift it lessons the angle on the rear driveshaft putting less stress on the ujoints and eliminating the need for TC drop or adj control arms.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts