Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I am asking the same question I asked some time back but I have a better idea now of what I am doing.
I want to lift my Jeep. I have been reading other peoples threads and it seems that once you go to a certain point, you need to start changing lots of other things too, so
Can I install 2" RC Coils, New Shocks, A 1" Body lift and run 31s without changing gearing on a 2.5 4 Cyl TJ?
I live in a very flat part of the world in Florida. I suppose I'm really looking to do this for appearance rather than for off roading, However should the opportunity present itself, I would like to be confident about it.
Also If I am correct in thinking that I can do the above, what else would I need to do and what parts would I need!
Many Thank's to all for what I am sure will be useful instruction :thumb:

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
You can run 31s on your current setup. I don't think its worth the effort to install a suspension lift on your rig. Maybe install a 1" body lift and be done.

·
Premium Member
7,920 Posts
FWIW I ran 31"s on stock suspension for about 2.5-3 years...but I didn't wheel it.....IMO you be all right till you get off road and start really flexing it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts