Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm pretty new to the jeep scene and recently decided to lift my tj.
I'm gonna replace the front springs with ome932 as the stocks are sagging and retain the rear springs with a 2' bb. I'm also adding bump 2' bump stop extensions for both the front and rear
Also swapping to zone 2' shocks and looking to get some bfg on black rock defenders.

My main concern is will this setup work?
I understand I may need to get a new trackbar. Will I need to get more parts for this setup to work.
Im also afraid that i might get the death wobble once I start lifting my jeep.
I know that proper torquing can help eliminate the possibilities of the death wobble, any other thing I should take note of?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Biggest thing I can offer is the advice of do it once the right way.

That setup should work out for you as it has for many others. You shouldn't run into any issues with it. For fun you might want to grab a metalcloak track bar or two, but you will be ok on stock.

what size tires you want to run ?

·
Registered
440 Posts
There are some really messed up setups out there that manage to "work" but how well they work is a totally different question.

If you are going to put lift springs on the front why not do the same on the back? Do it right from the beginning.

Bumpstopping is going to depend on a number of things. You need to figure out what tire size you are going to run. To determins the amount of bumpstop you will need you will have to cycle the suspension system and make sure your bumpstops restrict the axle before; the tire hits the fender, springs start to bind, and shocks bottom out.

Really dont need a new track bar but if you decide to get one I would def go with an adj TB. MetalCloak is the way to go.

·
Registered
127 Posts
There are some really messed up setups out there that manage to "work" but how well they work is a totally different question.

If you are going to put lift springs on the front why not do the same on the back? Do it right from the beginning.

Bumpstopping is going to depend on a number of things. You need to figure out what tire size you are going to run.
What he said X2. I was trying to be safe with my answer :thumb:

Why wouldn't you add new springs all the way around ? As for the bump-stops, that isn't really going to be determined until you set it up. Who knows, you may not even need them to be adjusted at all.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I can't say you won't need them... This debate has been battled before, some say yay and some say nay.
Depending on what shocks you use will be part of the determining factor if you need them.

You still didn't answer why you would only buy new front springs and then space the rear.

·
Registered
440 Posts
So would that mean I don't really need to install the bump stops unless I do serious wheeling and rock crawling?
No not at all. I really don't know of a time when I was driving on road where my bumpstops had to come into play, but that being said I would rather have them set properly and not need them, over needing them and not having them. If they are not set correctly then you could be bottoming out you shocks or catching the fenders with the tires. Replacing tires, fenders, or shocks are not a cheap option in comparison to bumpstopping.

Anytime you change the suspension, change tire size, or change a limiting factor of the suspension system you need to check your bumpstopping. Incorrect bumpstopping can cause damage and premature failure of suspension components.

·
Registered
127 Posts

proof you might want to adjust bump stops. I got my jeep like this and can't wait to fix it all.
this is also proof you can lift a jeep 4 inches and run 35's if you want things like broken flares or burned paint.
:punk:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My rear springs are still in good condition. And I read that several other members managed to pull off this setup so I decided to try it out. May consider getting new springs for the rear now...

Anyway, unlimited, I read from your post regarding bumpstop extensions.
Correct me if I'm wrong, if I'm going for a 2' lift, would it be safe to say I would definitely need at least a 2' bumpstop extension, maybe even more?
Is there a possibility of installing too much bumpstop extensions? Would that mean flexing would be limited in this case?

·
Registered
440 Posts
Many will use this as a general rule but you need to cycle the syspension system to ensure that you get the most amount of flex, while still ensuring that the axle hits the bumpstop before other components max out.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts