Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2001 tj is not getting power to asd relay. I have no crank or turnover NOTHING. No power to radio the dash so no dash light also where my obdll plugs in has no power so I cannot read codes and fuel pump doesn't come on. I've checked the grounds, new battery I've load tested it and all connections are good. Everything that is new is I changed out ecu that's been programmed, new ignition switch. I've tested and checked all fuses and relays everything is good. I get power on one pin in asd relay but I can run a hot wire straight from battery to another pin on relay everything works. My fuel pump and everything kicks on and it will crank and run. I think it's something that is fried or a connector came loose .. I've been working on it for over a week now. Thanks any input will help

·
Registered
3,856 Posts
Which wire is getting power? One (dark blue) should get power when the key is on. The other (red/white) should have power all the time.

·
Registered
3,856 Posts
If you are getting key on power but no constant 12v power to the relay through the red/white wire you need to recheck fuse 9 in the PDC. If good check the wire, it goes from the fuse to the relay & also splices & goes out to the PCM for its constant 12v power. Wires under the PCM are known to have corrosion usually at the terminal crimp & lose continuity.

I don’t see that keeping the starter from cranking the engine but would definitely keep it from starting.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts