Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 06 tj wrangler X and I cannot find the seat that fits the brackets on the floor. All the seats listed for 06 tj are fold and tumble with the latch / brackets on the side walls /wheel wells. Mine has 4 bracket locations on the floor. What should I be looking for to fit these brackets? Thank you!

Attachments

·
Registered
04 lj with GRTOPS half cab conversion 05 rocky mountain 06 rubicon with banks sidewinder turbo
171 Posts
I have an 06 tj wrangler X and I cannot find the seat that fits the brackets on the floor. All the seats listed for 06 tj are fold and tumble with the latch / brackets on the side walls /wheel wells. Mine has 4 bracket locations on the floor. What should I be looking for to fit these brackets? Thank you!
do you need a seat? i have a rear seat and all the bracketry out of an 04 lj. where you located?

·
Premium Member
9,292 Posts
I believe all the seats from '03 to '06 are basically the same, except possibly for color and fabric based on trim level. My rear brackets look just like yours. I haven't looked at the front brackets since shortly after I got my TJ in 2014, so not totally sure about them. The latch release to fold and tumble the seat is in the back of the seat back in the center of the upper edge.

I know the YJ rear seats did not lock in the un folded position and most likely the '97 to '02 TJs did not either. I remember the back corners of the YJ seats had short round feet with rubber tips, there were no rear brackets.

·
Super Moderator
14,013 Posts
Welcome to the Forum Rsteeltj,

Good Luck, L.M.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm in Massachusetts, I have an 05 back seat in my garage I don't need if you're not too far from here

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I believe all the seats from '03 to '06 are basically the same, except possibly for color and fabric based on trim level. My rear brackets look just like yours. I haven't looked at the front brackets since shortly after I got my TJ in 2014, so not totally sure about them. The latch release to fold and tumble the seat is in the back of the seat back in the center of the upper edge.

I know the YJ rear seats did not lock in the un folded position and most likely the '97 to '02 TJs did not either. I remember the back corners of the YJ seats had short round feet with rubber tips, there were no rear brackets.
You have nothing on the side of your jeep that the seat locks into and uses to fold forward? Not back rest down, but fold completely. I have nothing
do you need a seat? i have a rear seat and all the bracketry out of an 04 lj. where you located?
I have a seat and it looks just like all the ones I see for sale on 06 tj. But no way to fasten it to the brackets I have in the vehicle. Do you have the same brackets as are in my picture? I'm in wiscasset

·
Registered
04 lj with GRTOPS half cab conversion 05 rocky mountain 06 rubicon with banks sidewinder turbo
171 Posts
You have nothing on the side of your jeep that the seat locks into and uses to fold forward? Not back rest down, but fold completely. I have nothing

I have a seat and it looks just like all the ones I see for sale on 06 tj. But no way to fasten it to the brackets I have in the vehicle. Do you have the same brackets as are in my picture? I'm in wiscasset
looks like the same brackets. i have everything i removed from mine. i live in cumberland md i'd sell you all of it for cheap might even give it to you.i ain't ever going to use it

·
Registered
97' TJ 2.5L 5spd w/ Kumho Road Venture AT51 LT 31X10.50R15
142 Posts
The Rear Seat that you need will have a Release Handle shown in the picture below.

Font Black-and-white Automotive design Art Motor vehicle

·
Premium Member
9,292 Posts
I have taken pictures of my '03.
This is with the back of the rear seat up
Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Trunk Van

Handle pulled to release the latches from the two rear floor brackets. The bottom of seat comes up a bit.
Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Trunk Automotive design

The seat tumbled forward. Note the bar above the rod going from side to side. That is part of the seat and pressing of the bar releases the latches holding the two front corners in the brackets on the floor. The brackets look just like yours.

Wood Road surface Floor Flooring Composite material

Note - the center two shoulder harness buckles attach to the floor. I have removed the buckles and bolt which are in my TJ parts box. No one normally rides back there.

Reactions: HardSell

·
Registered
2005 TJR 33s Rubicon Xpress 3.5 short arm; Replaced stolen Rubiconized '87 XJ
93 Posts
Your TJ is probably worth more without the seat. It's certainly more useful, and you're presently blessed to have no seat to store. I have one stored you can buy. The seat will be a negotiating item when I decide to sell. Most of us prefer the pickup like advantages a rear seatless TJ offers. Sans back seat, there's not that much difference in rear cargo area compared to a $70,000 JT, and a TJ is more fun to wheel. How often have you entered and exited the back seat of your TJX? Are you planning using it for a Taxi? The 4 door JKs and JLs are far better for families and are more capable than our short wheel base TJs. I know this from a lot of wheeling.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts