Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I'm close to wrapping up restoration on my 89 Laredo (trying to keep this one close to original) - I say close because of my wheel choice, which is where I need help.

image-709596474.jpg

After a little light body work, new paint and decals and a fresh set of oem spec tires - my 24 year old rims looked like garbage. I looked into wheel reconditioning and factory knock offs...then I came across a set of 5 reconditioned gray TJ rims that I feel in love with. My wife wasn't happy, but I grabbed them (outside the budget). :)

image-4146210200.jpg

So thinking that they were the same size and width as my stock rims, it would be a no brainer swap. Nope, rookie move. That's when I learned the TJ axels are wider so the offset on the rim TJ rim is much shallower. If I out these on my YJ without a spacer, they would tuck in under the wheel well. Not good.

Anyone happen to know what size spacer (1.5, 2 inch), is correct to help maintain the stock stance that I have now? I checked the threads and wasn't able to find a stock to stock size to reference.

Really appreciate the help! Love the board, it's helped me through quite a few fixes.

·
Super Moderator
62,805 Posts
The YJ has a WMS of 60"
The TJ has a WMS of 60.5"
You should be fine with a small spacer(if any)

Those TJ wheels should be a 15x7/8 with 5" BS
I'm not sure what size your YJ wheels are...maybe 15x7 with ? BS.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok thanks! I'll measure again and reply back with how I net out (was relying on my local tire guys "jeep expertise". :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts