Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 90 yj, with the sport roll bar, and i found a guy who sells jeep parts that a had a family roll cage for a yj. i asked for yj and he said it was yj. well, i got it home, unbolted my bar, got it out, dropped the new family bar in and the rear hoop holes lined up, but only two holes on the front were good. i widened the holes enough to get the new bar bolted in. i got the spreader bars back in, windshield realigned etc. but when i went to put my soft top on it was a hassle. i got in on and off but it took longer than normal. so i'm guessing i got a tj roll bar. did i?? i got it in with minimal mods so i'm not complaining about that, i just wonder now about the soft top issue, if it is a tj roll bar do i need to go over to a tj soft top? what about hard tops, i wanted to get a hard top at the end of summer, what do i look for now? please advise

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Might want to post some pictures, especially where it bolts in and the brackets.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would but I already bolted it in. If it helps id the roll bar then I can in a day or two. Another thing I just noticed is the front seat belt seems higher now.

What pics can I take now to help id it without unbolting stuff? And what harm if any would there be if it is a tj bar?

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
We could compare it to our family roll bar and tell you if it's a yj bar. Of course that won't help you much since it's already in. As long as you can attach everything and it's tight I say it's all good, better tight fit than loose and flapping.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's in and tight. It didn't come with spreader bars I used the ones I had. I was reading another forum with a similar subject and they mentioned their tj bar had seat belt holes on the bottom or something. Mine does not. Here's a few pics. I got two bolts on each side for now. I wanted to get it in before tomorrow.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts