Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of making a roof rack for my jeep tj. I just need a small rack to carry gear. I'm thinking of buying the full rear corner armor by barricade from extreme terrain and welding some square tubing to it front and rear. I'm gonna use this as kind of a receiver hitch for the rack frame so I can remove the rack when not in use. I am then thinking of building supports and a small rack that will drop into the receivers. Will this work or be too much wait on the corner armor? I am after something about the size of the back seat and truck for rack size. I have seen the racks that go on the swing out tire carrier but I feel like I already have too much weight back there with a 33" tire, hi lift and jerry cans. I also want something where the hard top is easily removable and I can fold the front windshield down without too much work. sorry for the bad drawings. Any help?

http://www.extremeterrain.com/barric...j-j100297.html

Attachments

·
Registered
5,021 Posts
I'm all for custom fab, but why not just buy a roof rack and save all the hassle. You idea seems a little unorthodox, rear not really but the front yes. I would use the pre-existing windshield bolt locations instead of just bolting somewhere on the tub

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was going to weld onto corner armor bolted to the tub. I don't like the windshield mount bc I wanna use it with the top off and windshield folded down. Also I want to have it on receiver pins so I can remove it easily to take the hardtop off

1 - 4 of 4 Posts