Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! Brand new to the forum. Also new to the jeep world. I just picked up 1998 tj. 4.0, manual trans. 4" lift on 33's. Jeep runs perfectly until it warms up to temp. Then idle jumps around and is hardly drivable. Doesn't want to go when you give it gas. ( Boggs out) , but stays running. It has 115k miles. I took it into a shop. They couldn't figure it out, or didn't want to invest the time I assume. I just put on a new distributor, plugs (recommended champions) and new wires. I believe the timing is correct cause it runs flawlessly when cold. Only codes were o2 sensors. Up stream one is also new. I am yet to check fuel pressure when it starts running bad. Has anyone had same symptoms? Could my ECM be bad? I appreciate any ideas. Thankyou.

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
Welcome to the forum.....but you're in the JK section. Try the TJ folks, they might have answer.

JKs have a whole different engine...V6.

·
Administrator
30,776 Posts
Welcome to the Forum

As Jake mentioned above, this should be asked in the TJ section of the forum. Make sure to include a little more information though. ie. what temp is the quage reading when it starts to act up? Is this an occassional thing or consistant?
BTW, the recommended plugs for your Wrangler would be NGK or autolite.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts