Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My TJ doesn't set level it sets about 1" to low in the rear. Should I go with spacers or springs? If spacers aluminum or composite, adjustable or not?
Will 1" rear lift have an effect on the shocks or sway bar? I know to many questions curious minds need to know.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Spacers will lift it but I would go with a set of replacement springs. Spacers would just be a cosmetic fix at this point.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Before you change anything you need to try to determine why you have negative rake. Is your jeep lower in the rear loaded or unloaded or both? Do you typically carry a lot of gear in the back of your jeep? Do you have a rear tire carrier and/or jerry cans hanging off the back? Are the rubber coil spring isolators damaged or missing? Are the coil springs damaged? Are the coils of insufficient load carrying capacity for the weight of your jeep.

You can change rear springs if yours are damaged or of insufficient load carrying capacity for your typical load, but often all one needs to do is replace the rubber coil isolators and add 0.75" poly spacers on top of the isolators to level the jeep. As was mentioned above, spacers are largely a cosmetic fix but that may be all you need.

If you do decide to change coils, my suggestion would be to have your jeep weighed both unloaded and loaded before you finalize your choice of coils. Why guess at what you need when for only a few dollars you can get a weight slip and know for sure?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts