Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be driving my Jeep a 1999 6 cylinder, when it will slow down all on its own. Most recently I was going about 35-40 getting ready to shift up when it slowed down all on its own. I pushed the gas pedal to the floor and got no where. I down shifted, speed up, than shifted up and it started going again. It has done this to me a few times. Once I was sitting at a red light and the jeep started jerking like it was going to stall out and the clutch was pushed the whole way to the floor, I even tried pumping the clutch 2 times and that got me know where. The light changed and when I shifted into first gear it moved. When I have been driving it has also just started doing the jerking/shaking (as though it is going to stall out) if i push down the gas pedal I get no where, but once again the down shifting/speeding up than shifting up gets the jeep going again.

So far i have tried nothing...any suggestions?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My 98 tj is doing the same thing I was wondering if you ever managed to solve the problem
No, i haven't spent the money to take it to jeep and get put on a computer to see if they might know the issue. I did have it checked out at a local garage with their computer and there were no codes at all in the system.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well i can tell you it is not the spark plugs. It definitely has something to do with the clutch as it locked up so tight I could not push it down to get the jeep to turn back on after it stalled out. So my jeep is going nowhere at the moment :(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts