Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fellas,
New to the forum, and if I'm posting in the weong section please let me know and I'll move it. Anyways I know this has been beat to death since I've been searching it, but here we go.... I just bought my wife a 2000 TJ 4.0L, manual tranny that turns over but won't start. So far (from what I've been reading) I've replaced the CPS, tested for fuel PSI at the manifold (there is none) checked all the relays and fuses. If I pour fuel down the throttle body it's starts up. I'm at the point of dropping the fuel tank to check for power at the pump and possibly replace the pump. Which brings me to my questions, 1: am I going in the right direction? 2: are the pumps at the parts store worth a dime if this the problem or should I just get one from the dealer?
Thanks for any input in advance.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yes you are headed in the right direction the fuel pump is obviously not working you can remove the gas cap and listen while you have someone turn the key to see if you can hear it prime. I have had a pump go bad in my jeep and I went to napa for a replacement. No worries. Good luck with your repair.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts