Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting ready to install the Kenwood Ksc-sw11 powered sub. I was thinking of putting it under the drivers seat or in the trunk. I have the Tuffy trunk box that is locked when the tailgate is locked. Would this area be worse than under the drivers seat? If I do under the drivers seat I may have to lay it on top of a pad as I don't have carpet. But would the trunk sound better since it is now enclosed or just muffled?

· Registered
53 Posts
I put mine under my seat. I don't think there is any downside to it. You defiantly 'feel' it. It's more or less there to fill out the mid / mid to lows with my set up.

I am actually thinking about putting a second one under the passenger seat because they tuck up and under so nicely. There no way anyone can see it / want to steal it.

· Registered
327 Posts
I am actually contemplating what do with my factory sub. It has gone out and needs to be replaced. I also want to swap out my black center console for a tan colored one but finding a non sub console seems to be easier. Underneath the seat sounds like a good idea since the cargo areas on these is small enough already (and I have a LJ )

· Registered
53 Posts
I am actually contemplating what do with my factory sub. It has gone out and needs to be replaced. I also want to swap out my black center console for a tan colored one but finding a non sub console seems to be easier. Underneath the seat sounds like a good idea since the cargo areas on these is small enough already (and I have a LJ )
I think kicker makes a drop in replacement that would work for you.

· Mostly old school..!
12,108 Posts
Built a box for my 8" sw that sits directly behind my console straddling the hump in the rear seat area. I usually don't have the rear seat in, but it works with the seat in as well (it just won't tumble forward. Amp is under the driver's seat.

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.