Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting ready to install the Kenwood Ksc-sw11 powered sub. I was thinking of putting it under the drivers seat or in the trunk. I have the Tuffy trunk box that is locked when the tailgate is locked. Would this area be worse than under the drivers seat? If I do under the drivers seat I may have to lay it on top of a pad as I don't have carpet. But would the trunk sound better since it is now enclosed or just muffled?

·
Registered
387 Posts
Why not the center counsole like the stock one?

·
Registered
394 Posts
Why not the center counsole like the stock one?
The center console sub I believe was in 2003-2006 jeeps

But I have an infinity 10" sub mounted behind the rear seat with the amp mounted underneath the rear seat. Love the sound with my Polk audio speakers

·
Registered
53 Posts
I put mine under my seat. I don't think there is any downside to it. You defiantly 'feel' it. It's more or less there to fill out the mid / mid to lows with my set up.

I am actually thinking about putting a second one under the passenger seat because they tuck up and under so nicely. There no way anyone can see it / want to steal it.

·
Registered
384 Posts
I am actually contemplating what do with my factory sub. It has gone out and needs to be replaced. I also want to swap out my black center console for a tan colored one but finding a non sub console seems to be easier. Underneath the seat sounds like a good idea since the cargo areas on these is small enough already (and I have a LJ )

·
Registered
53 Posts
I am actually contemplating what do with my factory sub. It has gone out and needs to be replaced. I also want to swap out my black center console for a tan colored one but finding a non sub console seems to be easier. Underneath the seat sounds like a good idea since the cargo areas on these is small enough already (and I have a LJ )
I think kicker makes a drop in replacement that would work for you.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I've got a bass cannon that takes up most of my trunk box. Low freq isn't directional so it sounds great. The amp is under the seat.

·
Registered
779 Posts
How do you handle water protection with a sub under the seat? My top is off nearly all summer long, it gets wet a lot.

·
Registered
40 Posts
How do you handle water protection with a sub under the seat? My top is off nearly all summer long, it gets wet a lot.
I have a tonneau cover. Fold the seat down, with the cover over the top it's never been a problem. Use to live in Pensacola so very familiar with lots of rain. It's a tight fit with the seat folded but it works.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I dremmeled out part of my console to make room for my powered sub. I'll fill the area around with some Dynamat to make it not vibrate but hopefully this will work out

Attachments

·
Mostly old school..!
12,149 Posts
Built a box for my 8" sw that sits directly behind my console straddling the hump in the rear seat area. I usually don't have the rear seat in, but it works with the seat in as well (it just won't tumble forward. Amp is under the driver's seat.

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts