Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
found these wheels online and wanted to know if they would fit my TJ after i put my rough country 4" lift on. they are 33x12.5 and are on 5.5 wheels. just wanted to know if i could fit 5.5 wheels on my TJ??? need help and advice. thanks

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
found these wheels online and wanted to know if they would fit my TJ after i put my rough country 4" lift on. they are 33x12.5 and are on 5.5 wheels. just wanted to know if i could fit 5.5 wheels on my TJ??? need help and advice. thanks
Do you mean the bolt pattern is 5 on 5.5 or the backspacing is 5.5? TJ's bolt pattern is 5 on 4.5.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
5.5 hole pattern, thats all that he says.
Ok, then it won't fit. You need 5 on 4.5

It's not because of your lift, that's the pattern of the wheel studs on the axle. Those wheels probably came off of a YJ.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
well, any suggestions as far as tires go?
Well that would depend on what you do with your rig. I prefer BF Goodrich tires. I've run both the All Terrains and the Mud Terrains. Loved both. Put them through hell and never even had a flat. Knock on wood. :)

·
Registered
8,377 Posts
you will see things being asked many times and you start remembering and knowing and understanding how stuff works and is.. when i started coming here i didnt know what dana 35 was.. i thought it was a differential but i wasnt even sure.. What backspacing are those rims of yours? You can run a spacer to change the bolt pattern :D

·
Registered
8,377 Posts
you put the wheel facing down so you are looking down on the back of the rim and you put a rueler on the mouting plate and you measure.. here check this out
the middle of the page is the backspacing part CLICK HERE

·
Administrator
12,602 Posts
Stud pattern size:

CJ: 5 on 5 1/2
YJ 5 on 4 1/2
TJ 5 on 4 1/2
JK 5 on 5

Stock TJ back spacing @ 5.5"
Most after market rims size for TJ's buyers 3.75"-4" as it brings it a bit out from the jeep to help with rubbing issues.

·
Knows a couple things...
49,069 Posts
but they dont use the backspacing method (i never heard of backspacing till i got a jeep).. most use offset off the center of the rim which is measured in positive or negative mm
Offset is common for many cars and most imports but trucks and Jeep wheels use backspacing as their key dimension since it's a more useful dimension where clearance is concerned. You won't find offset used on offroad oriented Jeep wheels.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts