Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi . I bought my 97 wrangler about 2 months ago. I've since replaced the exhaust (cat muffler and tailpipe) installed a sound bar new radio, windshield mounted piaas, new rad and tstat. Now I'm looking to the suspension. Not sure if its stock or not. I want to replace the shocks and maybe lift it an inch or two. Nothing crazy. Here is a pic of the jeep as it currently sits on 31 x 10.5 x 15. Loving this thing so far. Have a 2011 Audi s4 in the garage that I've barely touched since buying this. Any input is appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just for looks really. No plans to do any crazy offroading. Don't want to dump a ton of money into it since its a 3rd vehicle for me.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Just for looks really. No plans to do any crazy offroading. Don't want to dump a ton of money into it since its a 3rd vehicle for me.
If you want a little bit of lift, Throw good 2" lift springs on it with some good shocks and go have fun. No need for higher than that as you start to get a little deeper into your pockets to do it right. 2" OME springs and could choose from a number of shocks. OME, Fox, Bilstein. thats my suggestion.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'd like to keep it under 500. Don't want to change tires so nothing that will make the tires look small. How about one of those budget boost kits?

·
Registered
440 Posts
I'd like to keep it under 500. Don't want to change tires so nothing that will make the tires look small. How about one of those budget boost kits?
2" isnt going to make your tires look small. BB would work too, but I just suggest lift prings.

I'll come set you up with a great suspension. All I ask in return is the S4. ;)
Sounds Fair to me to. I got a scooter want to trade? LOL

·
Registered
177 Posts
2" springs OME and shocks OME...then enjoy :)

·
Registered
177 Posts
Sorry, I'm a poor financial adviser :whistling:

·
Registered
440 Posts
Sorry, I'm a poor financial adviser :whistling:
If you were a good Financial Advisor then you would have told him to not get a Jeep in the first place. If your worried about the spending money on your vehicle dont buy a jeep.

You know the saying "Just Empty Every Pocket"

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I just want to keep it cost effective. I don't want to start dumping thousands into something I spent 4600 on.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Does the current setup look stock? I mostly wanted to replace the shocks for ride quality purposes but wouldn't be opposed to a slight lift

1 - 15 of 15 Posts