Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for some help guys I found a pic of a switch panel I like and I can't find out if it's home made or where I could possible find one. Anyone know or see this before?

Attachments

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
Great...more stuff i want where i can spend money i dont have lol

·
Mostly old school..!
12,149 Posts
Just finished mine. I've been wanting to build a form fitting one with a straight front, but haven't got that far. Now that I have mine mounted and usuable, and have an extra center bezel, I might get a chance to work on what I really want. This will work for now...Just a piece of 16 gauge aluminum painted flat black and mounted right to the plastic bezel.

·
Registered
16,435 Posts
That has two extra slots and is flatter than my one made from two factory panels screwed together

But can the factory switches ( rear wipe wash and rear defrost and fog light)fit snug in that aluminum panel

Could use more space as two lockers plus inboard air compressor clutch switch used up all three extra ones on mine

Also with the stock setup even with the non flat panel there is not enough rear clearance for a 2nd cig lighter power socket

Nice addition would be a couple flush mount USB ports

·
Registered
575 Posts
Just finished mine. I've been wanting to build a form fitting one with a straight front, but haven't got that far. Now that I have mine mounted and usuable, and have an extra center bezel, I might get a chance to work on what I really want. This will work for now...Just a piece of 16 gauge aluminum painted flat black and mounted right to the plastic bezel.
Do the stock switches fit in the openings or did you have to buy other switches?

·
Mostly old school..!
12,149 Posts
Do the stock switches fit in the openings or did you have to buy other switches?
I didn't have any original switches, so I don't know if the would fit in the same spots or not. I used OTRATTW switches. I had originally done the mod on the existing Jeep plastic inserts to install 6, but I was never really happy with the way it turned out, and wanted a couple more switches. The only thing I had to be careful of this way was to get the switches low enough that you could still push the bezel straight on and have the switch backs clear the bottom of the heater control. The downside of having it like this is that they are on enough of an angle that the labeling is not easily read, but since I know which is which, not too big a deal.

Digger84, A usb port would have been a great idea...where were you in the design phase??? As far as factory switches go, not sure how they clip in, but you can make the holes in the aluminum whatever size you need...I just made a pattern out of a piece of 1/4" plywood, then used a router on the aluminum. There's 3 machine screws holding the plate to the plastic bezel and it's really solid.

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Looking for some help guys I found a pic of a switch panel I like and I can't find out if it's home made or where I could possible find one. Anyone know or see this before?
I vote for this one.
That dual level look is awesome.

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
I really like this lay out water dog, ever figured out a way to flush mount it instead of angle it yet? I'd like to give it a try

·
Mostly old school..!
12,149 Posts
I really like this lay out water dog, ever figured out a way to flush mount it instead of angle it yet? I'd like to give it a try
Been too busy with other stuff, and haven't had a chance to get back to it. Maybe this winter. It seems like there's no time to work on it during the summer when all I want to do is go play in the rocks.

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Been too busy with other stuff, and haven't had a chance to get back to it. Maybe this winter. It seems like there's no time to work on it during the summer when all I want to do is go play in the rocks.
dang I was hoping you'd have a new idea for the setup. any pointers on cutting the aluminum and getting everything nice an neat looking? thinking about diving into this soon but is like to make it similar to the first picture where it's a step down deal or maybe just a flat square down an back instead of the angled bit.

·
Mostly old school..!
12,149 Posts
dang I was hoping you'd have a new idea for the setup. any pointers on cutting the aluminum and getting everything nice an neat looking? thinking about diving into this soon but is like to make it similar to the first picture where it's a step down deal or maybe just a flat square down an back instead of the angled bit.
Need to find someone with a 3D printer that could fab one up in plastic.

·
Registered
74 Posts
This was on jeep forum, and no it's not professionally made. The guy made it him self. Go look up switch panel on jeepforum.com and it should bring it up

1 - 20 of 57 Posts