Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2009 TJ 4.0l 5speed. Lifted 2.5suspension and 1 inch body.
Sometimes when I'm driving in 3rd gear the stickshift (the gear stick) shakes a lot and my steering wheel start shaking. It starts easy then shakes really hard. That's around 2100rpm after letting go of the gas. All the other gears are good. (I didn't try 5th gear yet just got the car and didn't drive it much). In the test drive though none of this happened.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also when I'm in 1st gear and let's say after going 3mph and I let go while still in gear I hear and feel something loose playing.

·
Knows a couple things...
49,370 Posts
Sounds like a tire issue on the steering wheel vibration, your description wouldn't make me suspect death wobble. If it's bad enough, that could also shake the shifter, but a broken transmission or engine mount can also cause that.

·
Registered
338 Posts
X2 on this my is currently doing it, however the transmission shake started after the steering wheel shake so in my case I think it's 2 seperate events

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So I was parked and trying out all the gears. All gears have very little play while they are in gear except 3rd gear. It has a lot of play while it's in gear. I'm talking about the stick... i can move it around in 3rd gear way more than all the other gears... I told my mechanic this and he gave me the wtf face... he will look at it sometime next week

1 - 9 of 9 Posts