Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will hopefully be purchasing this TJ on Saturday. The CarFax checks out, it matches almost everything on my wishlist (just need matching full doors if anyone in Tahoe sees this...:) ) and I'm getting a good deal. It will be $9,500, it's a 2001 Sport with 71K miles. Love it already.

The owner sent me multiple pictures, and everything looks good. At first I was concerned about surface rust on the undercarriage. Since I haven't seen it in person yet I can't tell you how the frame looks or feels. I don't think it should have much serious rust or rot. It's lived in the Bay Area, never registered outside Vallejo, but that is close to the ocean.

After doing some research and looking at other Jeep's naughty parts, I don't think I have much to worry about. I will have it looked over by a Mechanic, and I will probably have the underside coated in the not-to-distant future. Let me know what y'all think.

Also, can someone more savvy than I identify the axels?

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
755 Posts
Im not 100% sure on the axles so i'll leave that for someone else to jump in on.

But...Nice lookin jeep!! Underside looks nice and clean. Engine too from what i can see. Looks like a good buy based on the pics you posted :)

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cixpak88 said:
Dana 30 front, Dana 44 Rear. Nice Jeep
Sweet, that's what I was going to guess,
but I wasn't sure if it was just wishful thinking.

This is going to be a long week :wavey:

·
Registered
261 Posts
2001 tj

Looks really good, that D44 is a big, big, plus. That surface rust is normal, they all have it. Get all fluids, filters changed, and brakes checked, and you should be good to go. U-joints, steering stabilizer, shocks, are other wear items to look at in future. Jeeps are fun. Good luck.:thumb:

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Brakes were replaced Saturday, washed and detailed, and the top didn't even leak.

What is recommended for undercarriage treatment?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts