Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 LJ and I'm looking to sell the hard top off of it, and buy the Bestop Trektop NX. My question is does anyone know what these usually go for? I'm not looking to rip anyone off or make a killing off of it, I'm just trying to figure out what a fair price would be. It's in pretty good condition, it does not leak, the rear wiper and window defroster work and everything. If anyone can shed some info on this I would greatly appreciate it.

·
Motorized toy collector
3,763 Posts
LJ hard tops demand a premium price vs other hardtops because they are hard to come by.

LJ's were only made for a few years,(04-06) and not in the numbers that the SWB TJ's were produced (97-06).

I saw a local Jeeper on one of the forums that put his LJ hard top up for sale just a short time ago. One of the local used Jeep/Truck dealers snatched it up for $1500!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea I know all about the differences between the two haha, I have never seen anyone selling a hardtop for an LJ. Only have seen regular Tj tops for sale, which I've seen people sell them from $500-$1000 depending on the condition, but the unlimited is longer and it is kind of rare so I really didn't know what these ones typically sell for. $1500 would be great haha

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
In my local Los Angeles CG ive seen LJ hardtops go fom 1.2k-2k depending on the condition.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Haven't looked lately, but they sell for around $1K here. Contemplated selling mine, but I decided to hang it from the ceiling just in case. Hell, for $2K, I'm pretty sure I could have one made out of fiberglass or metal that would actually look better. I think they look to "puffy"... When people say they don't like the looks of LJs, it is usually because of the hardtop.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Just sold my LJ hardtop about a month ago. I was told by several from Michigan and Wisconsin that they go for $2k-ish at a junk yard. If I had held on to mine until fall I probably could have got 2k, but I wanted it gone so I put it up for $1000 and took $925. My defrost and wiper worked great, and had just a few minor scratches.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I am looking for one currently. They have been going for $800 to $1000 but by the time I find one posted it sells immediately. I've missed out on 3 in the last month. They are going on ebay used for about $2300 plus but you can get aftermarket cheaper than that gor about 1700. Unfortunately both require high cost for shipping. I refuse to pay $2000 for a used hard top that's not in pristine condition. Hopefully I'll find another one for sale before it snows.

·
Registered
18 Posts
in any part of the country that gets snow, going into winter i wouldn't take less than around $1500. that's the going rate here at least.
I just missed one for $800 in NJ and $900 in VA. I'm in Baltimore. I'm not against paying a little more but I don't want anything broken on it and no cracks.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I just bought mine for 1700 its used but in perfect shape, just put it on since they are calling for 6 inches of snow Monday night. Sell it for 1500 and you will make someone's day!!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Here in New England, I bought mine for 1000, I didn't even bother offering less. All others that I saw in the year it took to find this one were 1500 and up.
If I was to sell it, I would list it for 1500-1800 depending on the time of year.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Just sold mine a couple weeks ago. I'm impatient, listed on CL for $1500 and a week later on EBay with a reserve of $1300. Sold on EBay for reserve, a day later had a local buyer for the $1500. The guy off EBay had to pay the fee and drive 5 hours (each way). It was a very nice top, from an always garaged '06, so I think the buyer got a reasonable deal. If I wanted to take the time, I think could've gotten more, but LJ's being rare, it takes time to find buyers. I'm happy... bought me some new tires.:)

·
Registered
222 Posts
I've been searching for one for a few months now too. Multiple Craigslist areas, ebay within 400 miles, etc. Hard to find in California it seems.

·
Registered
510 Posts
I've been searching for one for a few months now too. Multiple Craigslist areas, ebay within 400 miles, etc. Hard to find in California it seems.
Even in Seattle, I couldn't see keeping the hardtop. Definitely wouldn't bother in California. May be a little quieter and more secure, but even with a hoist, It was too much trouble to take on and off. I will probably buy a GR8top half-cab though... Really like the looks of those

·
Registered
222 Posts
Even in Seattle, I couldn't see keeping the hardtop. Definitely wouldn't bother in California. May be a little quieter and more secure, but even with a hoist, It was too much trouble to take on and off. I will probably buy a GR8top half-cab though... Really like the looks of those
Yes, hard to justify here with no snow or even rain. One of the big benefits for me would be the glass liftgate. When we go on a trip, we use every inch of space behind the back seat, piled up past the tailgate height. With the soft top, I cannot load/unload things without unzipping/removing the rear window, which takes a few minutes and is rather difficult, or working from the back seat, using the doors to move things in and out (not easy either). With the liftgate, this becomes simple.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts