Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my old windshield was completely gone, I order a replacement but unfortunately I could only get a Crown part.

The old one had a metal insert and overall was much better quality. But that is not the main problem, now the soft top is very hard to close properly. Closing the windshield latches requires a lot of effort and the side windows also need to be really really streched to be able to put everything back. It's like everything is streched to the limit and I get all sorts of creaking noises from it when driving, which were not there before.

Here is a pic of how it looks, unfortunately I did not get a pic before taking the old one and that was ruined in the process of taking it out.

I am looking for advice, if this looks like a normal fit (it surely doesn't fit like one) and if anyone has a part no for the weather strip, maybe I will have a better chance of finding something here in Europe.

·
Registered
285 Posts
55395101AB is the part number for the strip.

Rockauto.com have a fairchild version. Quadratec have Mopar for four times the price

Both would be plus shipping and taxes to Romania. You can figure out shipping costs on Rockauto but you'd have to get a quote of Quadratec.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts