Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hoping that I can get some help from the experts. Several days ago my 2001 TJ would not start. It seemed to be a battery issue. The engine would turn over but not strong enough to start the engine. I bought a new battery but before I took the old one out I sprayed battery cleaner on the old battery and the terminals. They were a mess. I then washed off the battery and all the connectors. I put the new battery in and first try it hesitated to start then I tried it again and it started right up. I drove it to work, but after work I hopped in, turned the key and nothing...no clicking sound like it was even trying to start. All the dash lights lit up. I checked the headlights, they were strong. It was just when you got to that extra little turn that starts the motor there was nothing. I checked the starter and it works. I narrowed it down to what I thought was a starter switch. Installed that and Still nothing so I am pretty sure that's not the issue. I tried jumping the starter via the wiring harness at the ignition switch but no go. I'm wondering if I could've shorted something out in the distribution panel. the starter relay does not click when ignition is turned. Also, I noticed the horn does not work either. (Does the horn only work when the car is running?) I also tried bypassing the clutch starter switch. Still nothing. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts