Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to see if anyone knows where to get replacement foam molded for a TJ Driver bucket seat.

Been dealing with this broken down seat foam for too long and now its killing my back to sit left cheek lower than right.

anyway I've loooked everywhere that I know might have something and nope.

anyone??

·
Registered
26 Posts
Looking to see if anyone knows where to get replacement foam molded for a TJ Driver bucket seat.

Been dealing with this broken down seat foam for too long and now its killing my back to sit left cheek lower than right.

anyway I've loooked everywhere that I know might have something and nope.

anyone??
If it's a tj, just look for a seat on Craigslist, probably find one that matches the one you have color and all.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
196 Posts
I just got my seats reupholstered at a local upholstery shop. They re-did the foam in the seats at the same time, so you should be able to contact an upholstery shop that's local and they will do it for you. I would guess, due to age of the vehicle, that they'll likely just need to use the existing foam as a guide to make new. I'm LOVING my new seats! So much more comfortable without the sagging foam that was in there before.

HTH,
Rich

·
Registered
541 Posts
I just got my seats reupholstered at a local upholstery shop. They re-did the foam in the seats at the same time, so you should be able to contact an upholstery shop that's local and they will do it for you. I would guess, due to age of the vehicle, that they'll likely just need to use the existing foam as a guide to make new. I'm LOVING my new seats! So much more comfortable without the sagging foam that was in there before.

HTH,
Rich
If you don't mind me asking: What did you pay?

·
Registered
196 Posts
If you don't mind me asking: What did you pay?
Bear in mind that I live in Silicon Valley where everything is RIDICULOUSLY expensive. :) Re-upholstery and new foam for all three seats (2x front, 1x rear) came out to $1100. Note that the new foam was only a $200 up charge from the upholstery only quote. I'd be willing to bet that if you do your research with local shops, you can find someone who can do it for less. Also, many times, you only need to re-do the driver side foam, as that one gets the most use and is more likely to be broken down.

R

·
Registered
541 Posts
Bear in mind that I live in Silicon Valley where everything is RIDICULOUSLY expensive. :) Re-upholstery and new foam for all three seats (2x front, 1x rear) came out to $1100. Note that the new foam was only a $200 up charge from the upholstery only quote. I'd be willing to bet that if you do your research with local shops, you can find someone who can do it for less. Also, many times, you only need to re-do the driver side foam, as that one gets the most use and is more likely to be broken down.

R
That seems about right for all 3 seats. Not cheap, but what ever is?

·
Registered
876 Posts

R
Did you go with a factory look seat material or something else? I've been thinking about redoing mine in the future and would be happy with something that looked stock but maybe a little more water resistant.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Did you go with a factory look seat material or something else? I've been thinking about redoing mine in the future and would be happy with something that looked stock but maybe a little more water resistant.
It's pretty similar material, but I had my pick of any material that was in the shop. I chose a basic dark charcoal (almost black) that is similar in feel to the original material. I have no idea if it is more water resistant or not. This picture isn't the best, but it's what I've got:

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
Pull the cover and fix the foam yourself. Under $20.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts